Boost d17a1

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey all,
If i wanna just add alittle boost to my d17a1 whats the best option or deal? Im not trying to race it just want to add alittle power inplace of the boltons because they dont do anything. Do i have to spend a grand atleast to get alittle boost? It is an auto.
Thank You

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pm snakeshit. he has a full kit for sale with good numbers to add to it.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Manual transmission swap first, then boost.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
f**k it, swap the nonvtec auto d17 that s**t would be good enough! junkyard turbo for like 1000 bucks that would be cooooolios

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To keep reliability you have to spend 2 grand at LEAST, probably more. Then you can't boost much with an auto or you will fry it. Can you build a kit for a grand? Maybe. Will it die or cause your engine to? Most likely.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pm snakeshit. he has a full kit for sale with good numbers to add to it.
still for sale too.... 2200 out the door!
you will probably need a a2 head with that kit
no a2 head needed. works with both.
f**k it, swap the nonvtec auto d17 that s**t would be good enough! junkyard turbo for like 1000 bucks that would be cooooolios
this kit was designed around an auto trans. and you and i both know you cant build a reliable kit for a D17 for 1000 bux

To keep reliability you have to spend 2 grand at LEAST, probably more. Then you can't boost much with an auto or you will fry it. Can you build a kit for a grand? Maybe. Will it die or cause your engine to? Most likely.
mine is 2200 out the door. you can get 5-7 psi out of an auto. with my kit it gives about 160-170 WHP with an auto. expect to see over 200 with a manual.

and no you cant even think about a turbo for the D17 for under 1000

blacklight

5+ Year Member
so u cant boost ur d17a2 ?.. even if u can .. it wont be any different in HP or torque yeh ? cuz if so .. then i wont mess with the performance .. only i'll keep it for show and style

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes you can boost an a2. yes it will have a little more hp and torque than an a1 with the same exact setup. it does have vtec after all.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you can boost an a2. yes it will have a little more hp and torque than an a1 with the same exact setup. it does have vtec after all.

vtec is a killer in that car. you make more power out of an a1 motor than you would with an a2.... proven fact. vtec in this car is a waste. its not regular Vtec. its Vtec-E.

dont fight me on this one either. ive been around this motor long enough to know it has the same characteristics as a d16Y5. it is Vtec E and has roller rockers. same head design. same flow design. only difference... the D17 adds an EGR system and has coil on plugs.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that is good stuff snake. The bottom line is, is that is bullshit that you have to spend a friggin million dollars to make your em2 alittle faster. Boltons = nothing? wtf? The only True friend would be NOS, fight me on that snake.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah that is good stuff snake. The bottom line is, is that is bullshit that you have to spend a friggin million dollars to make your em2 alittle faster. Boltons = nothing? wtf? The only True friend would be NOS, fight me on that snake.
yeah until that nos runs out and then your slow again

baron340

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
huh.. i didnt know the details of the d17 vtec system. i just kinda figured that since it had more power factory it would put out a few more hp than than the a1 on the same turbo. i'm by no means an expert, and havent really done a lot of research on vtec and its pros and cons etc. I dont have it, I've got an a1 to force air through so I dont really need to worry about it, at least not right now. but seriously "you cant boost a d17a2? and if you do it wont produce power?" when you're adding 100 hp to a dd, i'm not too worried about what maybe 10 hp either way. but since we're on the subject how much hp can an auto 7th gen reliably hold before burning transimissions?

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
umm liquidice, dont be so closed minded. check other forums, ive seen a pretty savage d17a2 set up that would straight smash near anything. just depends on your money, and experince. you can pull power out of it, just not like you could with a obd1

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word

Tech, i wasnt really serious man. The moral of the story is i rather just build my car for show. I wouldnt like dumping 3 grand into your car and still have alot of stock cars beat you. When my civic goes, i wanna go for like a 350z or something then it will be gametime. Until then 40+ MPG :word:

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah you're building your car for show all right :roll:

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah,
Im gettin the aero kit soon and its gonna look sick. And i imagine your refering to the mr7's? I dont understand how you could make fun of motegi's when most people ride on rotas and other garbage, is it cuz they are a brand name? its wierd i have seen alot of nice cars and show cars that have mr7's. Your the man though...