Boost q's

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
I have a few questions regarding boosting a D16Y8 at around 9-10 psi. I'm looking to not change the guts of the engine seeing as the motor is all original @around 99,XXX miles on a 98 civic EX coupe. I'll post up a pic. Point is, 124 hp is NOT cutting it. I was looking for around 175ish, nothing brutal or insane. This is a DD after all. Is this s good idea? One thing to note, I WILL NOT be swapping. This this runs like a f***ing swiss clock. Also, money is tiiiiiight so its going to be next summer before I buy the turbo. I'm looking to spend $800-1000...maybe $1200 on the kit and whatever the dyno tune will cost to go with it. Any good kits you guys can point me to? Or good threads if this is the 10 trillionth thread asking the same damn question. lol :roll:

Also, didn't see this was in the wrong spot... oops. I'll post this is the forced induction thread, but I'm not sure how to delete it.

Last edited:

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
without doing any motor work at all I dont see it lasting long even on low boost. The internals are getting to the worn out stages and any small weakness will just cause it to deteriorate much faster and possibly cause more damage. I would look at at least doing some internal work before

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
without doing any motor work at all I dont see it lasting long even on low boost. The internals are getting to the worn out stages and any small weakness will just cause it to deteriorate much faster and possibly cause more damage. I would look at at least doing some internal work before
:word:

go n/a and buy $1200 worth of good parts. slapping on a cheap kit will go a bit faster, but you might as well just buy a nitrous kit for cheaper and see how long your motor will last. it'll probably be the same as if you ran turbo.

do it right the first time and you won't be going back into it again and again.