Boosted 06 Si

SacrificeTheory

5+ Year Member
It sucks that you can't even get traction at all through the first 3 gears with that kit. Too much power on a FWD car is kinda wasting money, in my opinion.

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks great deff. a sleeper and impresive numbers for only 7psi!

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
It sucks that you can't even get traction at all through the first 3 gears with that kit. Too much power on a FWD car is kinda wasting money, in my opinion.
Sometimes 4th too....but I've learned how to drive it pretty well and I don't really have problems as long as I'm going from roll.

Jeshua, yeah a lot of people have thrown a fit about this and that with AJP, but you get that with any company. A lot of the people that were buying the kit were kids that didn't know what they were getting themselves into. Of course it isn't gonna drive exactly like it did when it rolled off the lot, but as long as you know how everything works and why this or that is happening, then you're fine. They sold tons of kits and it was a few people on 8thcivic that complained here and there and ran their name thru the dirt. They are still selling kits and their business is extremely successful. Just wish there weren't so many immature people getting a hold of Si's and trying to cut corners here and there and expecting the same results. I've got tons to say about the subject but I don't like to get into it too much. Different strokes for different folks...

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

They just dont know how to run a business. Lying to people helping them isnt how you're supposed to do it. They wasted my time and money.

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
I don't remember what happened with you, nor do I wish for you to talk about it in an open forum. But I hope whatever it was, it was resolved.

I'm happy with what I've got and have plans to improve on the great base they gave me. Good luck to ya man.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
congrats of the setup, beat that thing is mean as fawk

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes, but the shop fees were their fault. And I had to drive 1000 miles for their sake. I was without my car for about a month. Unprofessional. Waste. 750 dollars later, my car has 1000 miles and all I have is a hand full of lies.

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
Yes, but the shop fees were their fault. And I had to drive 1000 miles for their sake. I was without my car for about a month. Unprofessional. Waste. 750 dollars later, my car has 1000 miles and all I have is a hand full of lies.
Did they warn you about the risks of being a prototype? I remember vaguely the thread about what happened and a lot of it was messed up. But being a prototype for anything takes a lot of time and money. Lots of risks are involved as well. Not saying they were right for what happened, but it could have happened with any company that looks for a person to volunteer their car to be experimented with, as opposed to the big name companies that can just go buy a new Si and do it in shop on their own time.

That worked for their Si b/c Ron owns that car. Sorry for your losses...maybe there will some light at the end of the tunnel one day for the R18.

JeShUa

Keepin` it phresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ugh. Being a prototype entails you to return to the shop. It doesnt entail you to paying unnecessary fees. It doesn't entail you to being LIED to about shipping product. It doesn't entail you to pay fees which they said specifically that they would cover if they are encoutered and were. Also, they told me that I was just needed for tuning, when CLEARLY fitment was an issue, and they admitted they didnt know that when later, apparently they "knew" fitment was a problem and they wanted me to drive 240 miles each way so someone could take a picture that it didn't really fit? Okay, they put a turbo and made pipes for your car. Big whoop. Anyone can do that, and I honestly dont think they know rats ass about forged induction aside from what they've been told. They may be the most reputable shop in your area, idk, but as far as I'm concearned and as far as anyone with common sense is concerned they're always going to be a failure. I'll stop bickering in your thread, because I am glad that you have a car that you're happy with and that you've put up with in spite of the issues that you are bound to have no matter the kit. But I'll they'll never get a thumbs up in my book no matter how they try to rectify themselves. The way they tried dealing with me was "oh, give us another few weeks to straighten out our lies" and I was fed up with them. But yeah.. if you'd honestly like to know more I'd be glad to PM you, but yeah.. please dont edit/destroy my threads.. they need to be heard ;)... but not destroy your thread ;). I hope to see some nice exterior mods as well :].. pz. JeShUa

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
I'm not a defender of AJP. I am happy with what they have done for me and have had minimal issues with them. I've spoken with them in a round-a-bout sort of way about what happened with you and all I can say is that what happened was not a result, nor was it approved by Ron. Also, the people or person responsible for what you went through are gone. I'm not trying to change your thoughts on anything that happened or what you think about them. They can fight their own battles if they choose to. I understand why you are upset with them or have the feelings towards/about them that you do. I won't/can't edit your threads and I won't destroy them. It's part of the freedom of speech that I am a strong supporter of. Hope all goes well with your next project. Take it easy.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sick. where it the k-pro in that list? must have right there.

street2uned

Boosted FG2
5+ Year Member
no kpro available for the FG2 yet. Still waiting impatiently for it. This ECM is different from the ones in the RSX's.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**ken nice man, i would rock that set up in a four door anyday