Boosting a 7th Gen

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know people have boosted 7th gen civics, but has anyone boosted a non-vtec 01 LX sedan or would it be basically the same as boosting the vtecs or coupes? If so what was your setup, how much did you end up paying, and what gains did you get?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its gonna be basically the same thing..theres really no difference in turboing any generation civic, you still need all the basics..

NoVA ED7

Might as well K20 swap it! You still wont get a huge amount of power unless you build the poo poo out of it

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^that's a little different of a budget though

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, im not going for big power right now, im on a tight budget, just want some extra power for a while. It should be alright to run 6-10 lbs of boost with the stock internals and stuff without blowing anything right?

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
From what I have read the 7 gen is not one that you wanna boost too high. I was on d series site and they were talking about how the rods are longer on our engine and that unless you build the motor dont do over around 8lbs. I've been looking into doing this too. It doesnt seem insanely expensive if you buy it piece by piece over time. The only problem I was seeing was where to have the piping bent and whatnot but I have a feeling with a couple phone calls it'd be easy. I have some links about this if you want.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dulce said:
Yea, im not going for big power right now, im on a tight budget, just want some extra power for a while. It should be alright to run 6-10 lbs of boost with the stock internals and stuff without blowing anything right?
if your on a tight budget i dont recommend you boost. you will run into problems and it will cost money to fix them. and if you dont have the money for to fix it then your basically s**t out of a car

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
if your on a tight budget i dont recommend you boost. you will run into problems and it will cost money to fix them. and if you dont have the money for to fix it then your basically s**t out of a car
This man is wise.... 5-7lbs or about 180-200whp is about all that motor will take bone stock with any form of reliability (good tune needed of course).

If you are going to do it, do it right. 8)

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the tips guys, and lan01ex, can u send me those links you were talking about? Overall i was thinking about doing what lano1ex said i think and that is to gradually get all the parts i need, like maybe getting the turbo, manifold, intercooler, BOV, etc., then running a few pounds of boost, and then later getting the engine redone and stuff.