brake line question.

Sandals

I need to pick up some new brake lines for my teg brake front upgrade. Any suggestions on custom length and where to buy???

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sandals said:
I need to pick up some new brake lines for my teg brake front upgrade. Any suggestions on custom length and where to buy???
Your local acura dealership. OEM is best and its been shown. Even my friend whose a brake god, suggests OEM.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM is GOOD.. but aftermarket is just a little BETTER..

i almost wrecked my car messin around with my bro the other night, i didnt see a working truck stoped in the fast lane since i was coming around the bend at over 130. slamed on the brakes and stoped withen feet.. thats with OEM front line and aftermarket rears.

but then i tryed to brake hard again and they didnt work as good. so the next day i tryed it in my other car,
Thats with aftermarket all the way around and they stayed working great..

the rubber heats and expands, where as the stainless stay the same.

BTW, Goodridge or Russel are good

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The problem with aftermarket is the length. More than half the time they are too long or not the right fitment in which theyll rub and eventually break / leak. My friend has this problem but luckily caught it before it got too serious. I was going to grab a set myself until I read into it. Plus, I dont find them worth the $110 + dollars. Just get larger calipers / mc / etc. for cheaper which will make more of a difference. I have ctr calipers / si rear disc with all the upgraded ish along with it and it stops on a dime.

Sandals

well I had my axles replaced and the asshats who put the axles on moved the brake line and it rubbed against the tire. So I need new lines. SummitRacing.com has lines so I'm gonna check some local parts stores see if they can give me end sizes so I can order the right length.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sandals said:
I hope I never meet you in person. Do you want a cookie? Nice driving paul walker.
Well same here.. people like u made me leave CC last time arounf.. you cant be yourself here, you could have a fast car but have to drive like your 80 otherwise your some sort of bad person.. seriously i only said the oem line arent Great and right away u take a b***h Fit

unlike some people i do take pride in my work fixing,tuning, building my own car. thats why i can say so much from personal experiance

CMRdevelopment said:

i was testing out my car, i just finsihed the swap and wanted to see what was what and if i did a decent job on the tune. plus we dyno tuned my bro's and got to run his at the track. so i was going from there.

Sandals

EG_CaSe said:
unlike some people i do take pride in my work fixing,tuning, building my own car. thats why i can say so much from personal experiance
taking pride in your car and driving like an idiot on the road are two completely different things paul walker. Just do me a favor and stop posting in this thread. I don't need it to get locked.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get goodridge. mine fit fine.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thought i heard somewhere about break lines heating up. how much do new lines cost approxamately? and also why dont they just measaure out oem lengths and offer exact replacements? :what:. Also, this is a bit off topic but the 6th gen civics dont have abs do they?

Sandals

the ex model i know came w/ it.

The thing is the civic brake line is much shorter than the integra brake line and when you upgrade you either have to wrap the integra line around the arm or get new lines. Well I had mine wrapped fine and took it to a shop for maintenance I couldn't do and they moved the line and the tire rubbed thru. So I'm just trying to fix the problem so I don't have to deal w/ a shop (in middle of nowhere pennsylvania) anymore.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are u sure my car has abs? i've tried slamming on the brakes and the wheels just lockup and slide, and i dont feel abs activating (my dads buick has it i know because the pedal will vibrate and you can hear a weird noise). so maybe the civics dont have it? or is mine just broken ? lol

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lordofdark176 said:
are u sure my car has abs? i've tried slamming on the brakes and the wheels just lockup and slide, and i dont feel abs activating (my dads buick has it i know because the pedal will vibrate and you can hear a weird noise). so maybe the civics dont have it? or is mine just broken ? lol
Some EX's did and some didn't. You can tell based off the VIN. I believe its the 7th digit and if its a 1 you dont and a 2 you do.. or something of the sort. There used to be a thread that explained it. Ill check at work tomorrow anyhow though.

Sandals

Sorry I should have been more specific about it. Most did, it was optional. Besides the vin another easy way to tell is the gauge cluster also has an ABS light on it.

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sandals said:
taking pride in your car and driving like an idiot on the road are two completely different things paul walker. Just do me a favor and stop posting in this thread. I don't need it to get locked.
alright, relax. take it eazy.. i will not post in ur thread fruit pop

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sandals said:
Sorry I should have been more specific about it. Most did, it was optional. Besides the vin another easy way to tell is the gauge cluster also has an ABS light on it.
in that case i dont have it lol. neways back to topic

Sandals

alright so it's a 10-1 bubble female end that connects to the brake line, but I'm not sure if I need specifics for the banjo fitting on the caliper end. More info later if needed. along w/ length I will be using.

I plan on ordering from summit racing they have a lot of option on earls lines for a great price.