Brake Line Severed?

NeedsMoreLow

Hey everyone. I need some help.
Yesterday I was driving and my brake petal went soft and too the floor. I couldn't brake. I had to pull over, and when I checked it, I regained pressure, but sprayed fluid all over the ground. The spray was coming from the center of the car, closer to the front axel.
Any idea what brake line this would be, and what I'm looking at to fix it? My car is on campus, where I live. So I'm limited, and I was wondering if I can grab the tools from home and do a parking lot fix. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedsMoreLow

99 Civic ex coupe, by the way.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Open the hood and take a picture of the brake distribution block that is attached to the firewall.

jackdog1

If one of the hard lines cracked or ruptured, that's going to be nasty to fix

jakeeton1002

Respected
Hey everyone. I need some help.
Yesterday I was driving and my brake petal went soft and too the floor. I couldn't brake. I had to pull over, and when I checked it, I regained pressure, but sprayed fluid all over the ground. The spray was coming from the center of the car, closer to the front axel.
Any idea what brake line this would be, and what I'm looking at to fix it? My car is on campus, where I live. So I'm limited, and I was wondering if I can grab the tools from home and do a parking lot fix. Thanks everyone.

I had the same problem on my 97 Acura Cl in January of 2015. Mine ended up being one of the hard lines that went to the passenger rear caliper.

I drove it to work and home that day with no problems, but when I started driving to get dinner, I rolled up to a stop and heard the brake fluid spraying out.

Hard lines do suck, and mine busted from rust. So to avoid it happening again I ended up buying a lot of unbent hard lines, fittings, and brake fluid. It's not really a parking lot job, it takes a fair amount of time and measuring. It ran me about $115 at Autozone.

Just be careful if it is a rusted hard line, if you try to move one broken line and aren't careful, others will go too.