BRAKE suggestions

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
yeah i'm gonna end up getting some oem replacement calipers.. $75 each... ouch...

i can get the brembo blanks and ebc greens for $137 shipped... though i'm still a bit iffy about the company (autopartswarehouse.com)... hope all is well with them.. gonna order tomorrow...

no one's been able to help me with my axles, so i'm just gonna see what honda has to offer
I seem to remember paying much less for calipers than that. If you want I can call the local shop and ask. If you like the price I can pick them up and ship them to you. Even with shipping it should be significantly less than $75 a pop.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sure, please check for me... i really appreciate it

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
amej8 said:
anfrey - what about upgrading to integra calipers? thought those fit as well. im sure a junk yard or honda-tech would have a whole set lying around
For EX / SI, integra calipers (94-01 gsr / ls) will bolt straight up to the knuckle. The advantage to this is a obviously a larger brake pad. Thats all you can really swap out though, as the rotors in the front are the same size for teggy and EX / SI civic. If you swap out the calipers, its recommended to get a larger brake master cylinder to compensate for the larger piston in the calipers (eg. more force needed).

My current setup (as far as the front):

Integra Calipers (96 gsr)
Brembo Blanks
PBR Ceramic Pads
Integra 1" MC
SS Lines (coming soon)

as of right now, I stop on a DIME. I just want to upgrade to rear disc in the back and NSX setup in front. :shock:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
6gen ex, no abs

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm really considering it.. how much is the master cyl?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anfrey said:
i'm really considering it.. how much is the master cyl?
'

I got mine on ebay for $40 shipped. They typically are more though.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn that adds on too much to the budget :\

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on my last car i had power slot rotors with ebc green stuff pads. i liked it was def better than stock. little pricy but it would have been worse it i got brembo's. actually if you want brembo's just get honda oe disc's. they use brembo. just doesnt say it on there.

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
So are PowerSlot big brake kits good at all? The price is kinda fishy. When popular manufacturers bb kits go for upwards of $1000 it's kinda funny that they would be able to put out kits for $300-$450 and still have a product worth it's salt.