Brakes...

believedat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone elses brakes make a click noise right before coming to a stop?

Is this normal?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to when my pads and rotors were getting close to crap.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, you got rims, take a quick look at the pads and the rotors, then let us know what you see, well tell you more

believedat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
////...\\\\

Looked at the pads, look fine. Looked at the rotors, looks fine.

warped rotor?

6gcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm, from my experience warped rotors cause a on and off jerking when on the brakes. Doesn't sound like they are warped. How old are they?

believedat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brand new

These are brand new basically. car has 34,000 km's and the pads were replaced before i bought the car.

tonight i noticed something a little odd. It seems that this "slap" sound only comes on, when reversing and coming to a stop.

it also occurs when i come to stop for the first few times..

any ideas.? im lost.

xivera

insert witty remark here
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pull off your wheels and inspect your brakes. It could be something on the backside of your rotors.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Every car has their own little problem. My sister's car had a sqeaky noise with the brakes. The rotors were fine, the brake pads were fine. We even had the grease on between the calipers and brake pads, but they stilled squeak. It brake fine, so we just added it to the list of "that's just part of the car".

If it brakes fine and nothing is out of the ordinary (or if it didn't happen before something was changed), I don't think it's a big concern. A car will always have it's flaws.

yomuppet

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you have GroundControl coilovers? Everyone I know with those has the click.

EBPimpSi

CCCC member #76
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yomuppet said:
Do you have GroundControl coilovers? Everyone I know with those has the click.
seriously...i thought i was just trippin...i have GCs and every now and then i'd hear that click noise...is it really something to worry about though?

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea brakes on most car make some niose, all depends on the car and the brakes that are used on it i guess

civicex23

Yes, I know she's hot!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It used to. I'm not exactly sure what the noise was but I know I had major wear to my pads. I replace my stock rotors w/ some Brembo's and my pads w/ some EBC brake pads and no more clicking and my car stops on a dime.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think that is pretty normal. My car does the exact same thing, but usually when I just start. Once I come to a couple of stop lights or signs, it goes away. Is your car garaged or parked outside?

I did have a problem once when the front springs made a loud knocking sound when I came to a stop. I thought there was something seriously wrong. Took it to get it serviced and the mechanic gave me a walnut. I some how got a walnut lodged inbetween the springs. lol

especko

the reborn ESP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stolibears said:
I

I did have a problem once when the front springs made a loud knocking sound when I came to a stop. I thought there was something seriously wrong. Took it to get it serviced and the mechanic gave me a walnut. I some how got a walnut lodged inbetween the springs. lol

haha thats great

Madspeed_Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its possible that noise if coming from the cat shield... I had that problem b4 and found that the cat shield was damaged

ikillradio

stolibears said:
I think that is pretty normal. My car does the exact same thing, but usually when I just start. Once I come to a couple of stop lights or signs, it goes away. Is your car garaged or parked outside?

was it a carbon fiber walnut or what s**t im suprised it didnt break when you hit a bump or something