Broken Lower Ball Joint

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
Well low and behold, just as i clear up my eninge problems and have it running beautifully again, i have another problem.

This time, while making a very slow left turn, my ball joint broke.

had to have the car towed back home by a friend. I havent inspected the problem fully yet since its dark out but will do tomorrow morning.

But i was wondering if anyone has any good links on a DIY or walkthrough of how to replace a ball joint on my car.

Thanks...

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
hey quick question.

im pretty sure it wont, but i was just wondering if a ball joint for a 98 prelude would work on my civic (a friend of mine has one laying around).

i highly doubt it but i just wanted verification cuz im not 100%

BULL3TPR00F

Registered Racer
5+ Year Member
welll, i hate to be even thinking about this or asking this... but i was just wondering right now.

Im a little low on cash and i was pricing some lower ball joints and got a few different prices.

OEM Honda lower ball joint is $88
Canadian Tire "Premium" ball joint is roughly $50.
Canadian Tire "Economy" ball joint is roughly $30.

Now of course i would want the OEM part, and is what im hoping to get, but i wanna replace both lower ball joints (driver and passenger), and im low on cash (also need a new axle cuz when the ball joint broke it tore my the cv boot and shyt).

So i decided to go on ebay for some reason to see some prices and i found a set of 2 lower ball joints for about $35 shipped.

Now i never really wanted to go buy any ebay suspension parts knowing the quality of a lot of ebay stuff, but i was wondering any1 had any experience with these?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-Lower-BALL-JOINTS-FOR-HONDA-CIVIC-CRX-1992-2000-JOINT_W0QQitemZ390037101763QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item390037101763&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318