building d16 vtec head

Jason-

jdm king :p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alrighty guys!

This is my plan! Im getting a vtec head really soon for my car. And this is what I would like to do. **NOTE: I can not do a swap.. so I have to build WITHOUT my parents knowing!

Camshaft
Camgears
Valves
Retainers
Valvesprings
Port and polish(cant forget this one)

Alright... What kind of power are we thinking? And Im getting this stuff slowly, but damn well soon!!

Im already purchasing skunk2 intake manifold, aem fuel rail, aem pressure regulator and fuel injectors.

Soo YAH.. Im putting a lot of money into the top end. I would like to pick up a semi built bottom end of a d16, but I dont know of any locals for sale.

Once again.. what kinda hp gains are we thinking? Is it worth it?? Remember.. NO SWAPS!! :( :(

-Jason

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How are you going rip the head off of your car without your parents knowing?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well concidering you cant even spell VTEC right, the chances that you'll successfully build your head yourself are approximately... zero.

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well concidering you cant even spell VTEC right, the chances that you'll successfully build your head yourself are approximately... zero.
that was f**king funny
:lol:lolololololol:lol:lolololololol:lol:
s**t my pants :oops:

j/k ;)

Jason-

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does it f**king matter how I spell it? VTEC vs vtec.. no difference... caps vs no caps.. WOW!! What A HUGE f**king DIFFERENCE!!

-Jason

Jason-

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JiuJitsu_greg said:
How are you going rip the head off of your car without your parents knowing?
I got a friends house to do it at. His mom will be over seas for a year. =)

-Jason

silvertuner98

Banned
yea d-series is a damn good place for info. in all honesty tho, building a d-series unless ur gonna turbo it just doesnt seem worth it