bulb recommendation for 8th gens?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My brother is in India for 10 days so I have his car while he's gone. I washed it a few times then clay bar'd and wax'd the front and back of the car. I plan on just doing a wax on the sides since they don't really need a clay bar.

Now moving onto helping him out with visibility, I'd like to get some brighter bulbs for him but I don't know much about 9006/9005 bulbs. I've tried searching for some but all I come up with is PIAA or not-so-much-brighter-over-OEM bulbs (like +30%). Nothing like Philips XTP H4's which are +80%.

Any recommendations? I was considering the PIAA GTX for both 9006 and 9005 which would probably be HELLA bright when driving alone but I can't justify spending over $100 for just bulbs. So I might stick with 9006 PIAA's....? I don't know.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:.

edit - Not looking to spend much so no HID's.

ekcivicdx

5+ Year Member
go for an HID kit...i love mine!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not looking to spend that much. Should've put that in my first post.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you dont wanna spend $100 on ebay for some HIDs then keep them stock. just about any bulbs will run you $45-60 and arent really worth it because they will blow in 6 months.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay..? I've had PIAA H3 Ion Crystals in my car for over a year now and they haven't blown. I used to have Osram SilverStars in their before hand for over half a year and they never blew. I had Osram SilverStars in my headlights for the longest time too and they never blew. Still have them in a box somewhere. I'm rockin Philips Xtreme Powers in my headlights now for several months and no issues at all.

You must get some shitty quality bulbs if you go through them that fast.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just use Sylvania Silverstars (just decent, nothing special) and they blow at about a year

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hate Sylvania SilverStars. They're weaksauce.