Buying Civic

Ace92028

Gold Member
So i was thinking about buying a civic with less miles on it. I seem to have found one i really like the look of(from the pictures i have seen). I talked to the guy and he told me that he was a private owner that bought the car from the auction. He is selling the car at a really reasonable price. 6800$ for a car that usually cost 9800$ at a dealership. Anyways im just wondering if you guys think this is a bad idea and avoid or you think its safe and what not?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
umm, more info on the civic in question.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He sounds like a used car salesman, just keep what you got? A civic will last forever

Ace92028

Gold Member
my civic is auto, and i would like to get the stick shift, plus my car has 180000 miles on it and i got a feeling that auto tranny is going to blow! so might as well switch over before its to late

Ace92028

Gold Member
and he sounds possibly indian on the phone, i can barly tell what the heck he was saying. took me a minute to realize he was saying the word "seat" after i asked him about side airbags. thought he was saying sleep, or teeth, or meet

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You should just sell your car now before the tranny goes out or trade it into a dealer :what:
What year civic is it?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
6800$ for a car that usually cost 9800$ at a dealership.
Just because a dealership will sell the car for $9,800 does not mean the car is worth that much. I have seen dealerships sell cars for $6k that were worth $2k max. Don't go by what a dealership would sell it at, go by what the car is worth.

It's also impossible for anyone here to give you good advice without first knowing details of the car. Year, model, mileage, pictures.

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my civic is auto, and i would like to get the stick shift, plus my car has 180000 miles on it and i got a feeling that auto tranny is going to blow! so might as well switch over before its to late
my is a 92 civic, auto and has 281xxx and still going STRONG!!!!!!1