Buying fogs on ebay.

grfnkl

5+ Year Member
Has anyone on here bought the fog lights on ebay the ones that say that they are OEM?! I'm seriously looking into buying a set but I don't want some cheap aftermarket that's going to give me grief during installation. Most of them say that they come with the wiring harness some included the fog light switch others don't. Any one have some suggestions or insight on them.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
i bought a set of OEM foglights off ebay for $40. so far after 6 months they haven't failed me, . the set i bought came with everything, bulbs, bezel, wiring harness, and switch.

grfnkl

5+ Year Member
thats good to hear that yours has worked well so far. I guess my first official add on mod will be fogs!

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
look for some from k2 motors on ebay. i got mine and it came with harness, bezel, both lights, both garnishes, and instuructions. only bad part about k2 motors is slow shipping.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got mine from ebay..complete package for $40 shipped...didnt have instructions though but its self explainitory..good luck with the mod..

4drRguy

5+ Year Member
i got mine. for 80 on ebay lol. oh well. i got the ones that say there made with glass. its a good thing i did cause i switched out the bulbs to hids. and they get freaking hot. ebay has a lot of good deals and alot of bad ones. just make sure you look at the sellers rateing first.

zXeX

5+ Year Member
WARNING: Turn Them OFF well Before running your car through the Wash or washing it by hand. They WILL Break. The lens just goes to town with cracks when cool water hits them after being on for a while. I have had this issue, cracked the lenses, and they eventually quit working. Guessing the bulbs being exposed to moisture probably killed them...

Others have had this issue as well...

LXDriver

More HP is always good
5+ Year Member
I bought mine from ebay 2 for about $50 with shipping and they were pretty easy to install, the only little bad thing about them is that the on/off switch broke when I rarely turned them off and on I always had them on to turn on with the parking lights. I did some DIY fix on the switch and they were fine, now they dont bother me @ all

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how do you go about installing them because i am thinking about getting some square fogs that say they are OEM. Are they just plug and play or do they need cutting. are the fogs really OEM?

zXeX

5+ Year Member
OEM "style" .. for the rounds, you have to cut into the bumper. And the plastic bezal that goes around the fogs can be a pain to get lined up and flush with the bumper .. least mine were...

zXeX

5+ Year Member
With my rounds I had to cut No wires. Just ran them where they needed to go, installed the switch. Done.

Mastaciv

5+ Year Member
look for some from k2 motors on ebay. i got mine and it came with harness, bezel, both lights, both garnishes, and instuructions. only bad part about k2 motors is slow shipping.

I also bought mine off that website mine worked amazing gave me alittle trouble putting them in but i didnt know anything about how to install them:P But mine also broke because of the cold water on hot bulbs and one went out:(

darksolderx

5+ Year Member
i got the ebay "OEM" fogs as well they are replicas and although my fog light button is a cheap piece of s**t the fogs still work very well and look very nice even tho they are both cracked now from my cat before installation and the other from a rock i guess

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The only problem my friend had with his fogs was that his switch had the wrong picture on it. The pic was for rear fogs oh well.

Mastaciv

5+ Year Member
OEM "style" .. for the rounds, you have to cut into the bumper. And the plastic bezal that goes around the fogs can be a pain to get lined up and flush with the bumper .. least mine were...
I deffinitaly agree getting them too be flush is a pain. i had too rig mine with a couple extra hidden screws