Bye Bye ek, but hello new ek

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So my old red coupe get flooded in this huge rain storm about a month ago, I'm sure you've heard that on the news about a town called Cairo Illinois pretty much got shut down because some dams on the Mississippi were blown and everything just flowed down south. Well that week this all happened my car got flooded in my apartment complex. Heres a picture my friend took, obviously my car isn't there but it was parked around the corner and the water was this high pretty much everywhere.

So with my car being as low as it was, it was pretty much underwater.
RIP red EK

My insurance company totaled it out and gave me 4700 bucks as the car sits. Which was way more then I expected to get.

So then I bought this

Its a 2000 EX 5 speed, with 75k on it, got it from some little old lady who barely drove it and always had it maintained.

My future plans
FF type 1s or Progress CS-2s coils
Roof rack
mud flaps
Maybe polished with a black back rota slips
or bronze rota c10s
yonaka exhaust
35% tint around
Thats all I can think of for now.

Let me know what you guys think!

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sucks dude sorry to hear about that. But f**kkkk....75k miles. :thumbs up

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea that was all over the news here...we flooded alot too but not near as bad. Are you on any of the STL boards..your car looks familiar.

Nice new pic up!

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Sorry to hear about the coupe. Pick up looks nice man. GLWB

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks guys, yeah it was really sad to see it go, but thats why I had to get another civic. Im not an any of the STL boards, but im very close to stl tho, Im actually making a trip out to STL tonight!

Ill keep you guys updated with my new EJ8

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been to Cairo but that didn't make the news up here. Nice to see you didn't get screwed by the insurance company, nice pick up with the four door.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys, yeah it was really sad to see it go, but thats why I had to get another civic. Im not an any of the STL boards, but im very close to stl tho, Im actually making a trip out to STL tonight!

Ill keep you guys updated with my new EJ8
Forz what?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Decipher

Registered VIP
The EX is super-clean slate. You left out some things from that list of plans though, right?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like a good pick up
..you called it a ej8( which is correct) but why call it an ek too? (incorrect)

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like what do you think I should ad to my list?

Thats just the japan version of our EJ.

Do you guys have any sugestions on coilovers that wont break the bank?

Decipher

Registered VIP
Like what do you think I should ad to my list?

In addition to your current plans, I would lose the factory grille and the amber tail lights, throw some yellow jdm fog lights up in the bumper and call it a day! Just my preference

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heres an update, my plans were orginally to lower it and do some cosmetics, but I decided to go another direction.

Heres some new things I got in the mail
DSM 450 injectors

Walbro 255

AEM wideband, Autometer ultra pro lite boost gauge, and frog eye gauge pod.

The rest of my parts are coming in the mail still
Godspeed intercooler and piping (yes I know its not the best)
Tial 38mm wastegate, greddy type rs BOV
Go-autoworks, cast iron maifold

My turbo is still undecided, but my tunner reccomened to go with a precision 5431B, im still doing some research.

Just a little update for you guys! enjoy!

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn sucks your ek got flooded but love the sedan, parts list looks good & I agree with Decipher, but don't forget about lips, glwb!

Kalindian

New Civic Here!
Nice buy, thats almost like mine only mine is a black coupe lol I picked it up in Charlotte from a dealer for $4500 and it only has 85,000 on it. Its like a new car :lol: