Califonia law!!!

mikemo

5+ Year Member
my old intake had a cover with opening at front screwed into filter frame ,got new without cover car is way louder thinking of trying something like that again my intake made my car way louder same flowmaster import muffler , like my car to have low profile sound wise .Keeps all the haters of your back.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was told in my state I needed a "certificate for the exhaust stating it met the noise requirements before I got in any trouble for it." Otherwise I'd have to prove I went and got it db tested with that same exhaust, cus I "could've" changed it to get the cert. Just actually paid a "excessive exhaust noise" ticket last week >.<

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I was told in my state I needed a "certificate for the exhaust stating it met the noise requirements before I got in any trouble for it." Otherwise I'd have to prove I went and got it db tested with that same exhaust, cus I "could've" changed it to get the cert. Just actually paid a "excessive exhaust noise" ticket last week >.<
lemme guess... maine?

radracer

5+ Year Member
I had the same issue when i got pulled over in my other car that has a factory installed full TRD exhaust , cop said car sounded like a weed wacker i took the ticket with a smile contacted TRD got the certificate stating that it meets all federal regulations including that it was rated at 95 db had it tested by shop near me and it was dead on 95db went to court and it was dismissed

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
In Va they're bad about exhaust tickets :/ My just got one last week and I got one sunday...
...and heres another ticket for your bad grammar.

tell them your y8 is only getting about 2whp for a cat back. He will laugh and probably let you off.
LOL that would be epic if someone could get away with it with that line.

I had the same issue when i got pulled over in my other car that has a factory installed full TRD exhaust , cop said car sounded like a weed wacker i took the ticket with a smile contacted TRD got the certificate stating that it meets all federal regulations including that it was rated at 95 db had it tested by shop near me and it was dead on 95db went to court and it was dismissed
this reminds me of the saying "the pen is mightier then the sword."

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i love my area. you wont get pulled over for exhaust ever, but tint in come areas you might
EDIT..this post is now 250! VIP?