Calling H22a 5th gen owners.

LikWidChz

LikWidchz - Void Warranty
5+ Year Member
Post up some photos of your cars lots please, I have a build going on in my garage looking for ideas mods and such..

Thanks in advance.

mitcheg6

Deanh22
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey man...while the motor is OUT...replace the timing belt, water pump, convert to h23 manuel tensioner, replace thro out bearing, check the clutch and flywheel- and replace /upgrade if you can. How much money you have to deal with?

wartank162

5+ Year Member
i dont have any pics but ill get you some. ill post up before and after turbo pics :P

rktboy3802

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mines just about done, we should be putting the motor and turbo kit back in within this week. hopefully ill be able to get better pics of "heather" soon and when shes fully broken in and tuned ill get the dyno papers up =)

LikWidChz

5+ Year Member
Yeah , I believe i saw someones post here about replacing all the things you mentioned Mitcheg6, and i think i added you to my aim buddy list as I had quite a few questions for you.

but currently the engine is out and im welding/shaving all the un necessary holes and need to paint the b***h before i put the engine in it.

wiring questions -- Yes please
def going to spend a bit more time feeding in the transmission cables, some of the s**t ive seen looks so goddamn hokey and jacked up makes me puke!

I think everything in the interior will be a-ok with me upgrades and swaps, bought the jdm black suede/red stitching seats, although I would like to get my hands on the black interior pieces rather then trying to paint the grey s**t :/ unless someone has good paint that dosent make vynal look horrible.

As for probably going to get the hasport engine mounts and civic axel combo from hmo motors and the lsd should put my engine/lsd/axels should run about 3000.

other then that I think the only thing that will be interesting will be to hack up the orignal wiring harness for the h22 and adapt it to the one that came off my d15b8 but not really sure what they mean from HMO online as to "COMPLETE" wiring harness and ecu... guessing here "harness on the engine and ecu" but not the cable that connects the ecu to the engine..

and the other thing as doing completly tucked wiring running through the frame on the left and right side of the engine.

along with non visable brake lines and a custom porportning valve mounted inside the car most likely around where the gas/trunk release latch are located.

basicly my motto is, if you dont need it i dont want to see it, simplify everything looks wise along with electrical of the car, mostly the shaved look =)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since we are on the subject anyone ever did the swap and kept ac?

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kinda looks like the pics above have AC lines, not completely sure tho.

rktboy3802

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha i wish i kepet my AC but i didnt have enough room for anything thanks to the turbo.

rktboy3802

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it depends on what you want to do to the motor. from looking at my motor with the turbo there is jack s**t for room. but im guessing that with just an NA swap you could have enough room to keep the AC

LikWidChz

5+ Year Member
Hahah boye did this subject get from h22 owners to how can i keep my ac :P

allright!

so as it stands my engine bay is completly stripped of all its workingness..

so from what ive seen so far there is a very very VERY limited amount of clearance or should i say no clearance between a pully of some sort and the drivers side part of the frame.

Since my shits all torn out i was going to slice part of the frame, to keep me the pain of ever having to swap a belt or something in the near future once its all done, does anyone have any pictures of this area right by the drivers side motor mount?

or is it going to be one of thoes things i need to find out myself?

Thanks in advance.