Cam Gear Installation on 2000 Si

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
Anyone knows how to install the cam gears on a 2000 HOnda Civic Si? I was going to buy lighter cam gear so that I could us more of my engines potential. I think it just like four screw us unbolt and then change gear and bolt screw back on but what about the degree thing or timing belt?

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you sure this would benefit you @ this point? What mods do you currently have?

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
I got wepon r secret weapon air intake, obx stage 1 intake manifold, jdm header with 2" inlet and 2.5" outlet, high flow cat 2.5" piping, 2.5" full catback exhaust. That is pretty much it. I gonna get stage 3 clutch with 8lb flywheel which is gonna help when I wann double clutch or just better lauch off the line.lol. And there was the cam gear. The thing is losing weight off the flywheel or cam or camshaft helps the engine because of the less weight it has to turn so it free more of the engine horsepower. But that is what I think and also that was what the autotech teacher said.lol

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got wepon r secret weapon air intake, obx stage 1 intake manifold, jdm header with 2" inlet and 2.5" outlet, high flow cat 2.5" piping, 2.5" full catback exhaust. That is pretty much it. I gonna get stage 3 clutch with 8lb flywheel which is gonna help when I wann double clutch or just better lauch off the line.lol. And there was the cam gear. The thing is losing weight off the flywheel or cam or camshaft helps the engine because of the less weight it has to turn so it free more of the engine horsepower. But that is what I think and also that was what the autotech teacher said.lol
Not worth your time or money. You may gain 1/2 a hp. The only reason for adjustable cam gears is if you actually need to adjust valve timing to benefit your build.

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
Oh okay thanks but what about the weight difference? I already saw the hp gain on import tuner or honda tuning on the b16 and yes it was like 1-3 hp which was gay and all the bolt on gain way more then cam gear or cam shaft , vavle retrainer and so on. lol. kinda gay when the bolt on is cheaper.