Can I beat an SI

St0ck_CiVic

Latest Kill: Civic Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, My Friend just got a new 00 Civic SI and he wants to race me. It is pretty much stock except for his CAI, but my car is only a civic sohc vtec. In my car I have a AEM CAI, Tanabe Catback, DC 4-2-1 headers, ACT Third stage clutch and flywheel, AEM Cam, Cheap hi flo cat, and AEM Hi Flow Injectors. Would this be a good match or would he blow me away in third gear????

Enjoi

coming back to cars...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He wouldn't slaughter you, but you wouldn't win.... :(

civicex23

Yes, I know she's hot!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think your friend still may win. How far is the question? Abviously the shorter the better for you. Good luck let us know if you race and the results.

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
driver skill accounts for 99% of a race.... with that beng said, as long as your friend isn't a complete retard at driving, he should spank you right off the line.... by third gear you should be able to see his blinkers going

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
St0ck_CiVic said:
Are you sure because we're both running coupes?
yes, i'm very sure... even though you both weigh about the same the B16A2 makes more power than your D hands down... it's all in the numbers man

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
St0ck_CiVic said:
Well, My Friend just got a new 00 Civic SI and he wants to race me. It is pretty much stock except for his CAI, but my car is only a civic sohc vtec. In my car I have a AEM CAI, Tanabe Catback, DC 4-2-1 headers, ACT Third stage clutch and flywheel, AEM Cam, Cheap hi flo cat, and AEM Hi Flow Injectors. Would this be a good match or would he blow me away in third gear????
Third gear...if you hole him.

my 5th gen EX vs Si:

EX gets the holeshot...3lbft of torque advantage my ass. It doesn't make up for 75 extra lbs of engine I guess. Towards the top of first his bumper's on my passenger rear door.

2nd gear, Si's 35 hp advantage becomes real clear. He pulls even with me

3rd gear, Nothing my poor D16Z6 can do about it...he's pulling away.

I have only raced the one Si and he's still pissed that I hole him every time. He may just suck at the launch so no guarantee that your's will go exactly like that.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wut bout me vs u! who would win? i have a teg LS wit intake and exhaust..thats bout it! just a curious question! cause i havent got to race any ex civic's that could beat me after 2nd gear!

*oh without the nos also!

Last edited:

Mini Prime

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drop a shot on him with out him knowing hahahahahahahahahah you might be able to take him

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heres an idea...go race him, if he wins...you cant beat him

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its been said that he'll win.. so yeah..

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
St0ck_CiVic said:
I guess I'll have to refill my NOS bottle...
are you seriously spraying?! he'll still spank you

Last edited:

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where is lax at! dam tainted ramen wuts up ur butt. always so hot headed! calm down on the dirty ramen

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you'd keep up, but he'd defintely win...twin cam my friend...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RaYrAy said:
are you seriously spraying?! he'll still spank you
you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.. no offense.. but i have a juiced y8 and there is NO WAY in hell a stock SI can beat me..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
St0ck_CiVic said:
these posts suck.. as stated.. go race and find out.. i think it will be closer than most people on here think..