Canadian 96 EJ6 Ex money pit

FusionXylerion

'97 Civic Si
5+ Year Member
Does that shop have website and whats the name? And was it good? Bring your own tools or tools provided?

Alphonse

Forever avoiding potholes
5+ Year Member
just google u-wrench calgary. They do rent tools but you have to pay for it, so I just brought my own. you shouldn't need too much more then a socket set, a few wrenches and some allen wrenches to change it out, that was about all I used. It was a really easy job once its up in the air, takes less then an hour. Also I would advise getting there right when it opens in the morning so you don't have to wait for a spot to open up as it's on a first come first serve basis

Alphonse

5+ Year Member
So I picked up some NGK spark plug wires, from rockauto and would love to say that they make any difference, except the piece of s**t distributor cap I bought along with it came with the shittiest quality screws, All of them broke out in the holes on the distributor, managed to get one of them out, the other two broke off still in the hole even with the easy out, then I tried drilling them out, but the long story short I pretty much effed my dizzy housing. Said eff it lets go coil on plug, saw the price, said NVM, priced them out at the local pick n pull, decided that with how much they were and the fact that it's STILL SNOWING outside, I just picked up a reman-ed one from rockoauto.... I guess the only good thing is that my car is still in the garage and out of the weather... but still...................................... damn

FusionXylerion

'97 Civic Si
5+ Year Member
Oucn! Yeah that snow today is not fun..... Snow should be pretty much done by end of April though.

Alphonse

5+ Year Member
I doubt it, we usually get a pretty decent dump of snow in may as a final giant middle finger

Alphonse

5+ Year Member
So got the new dizzy on , also threw in synthetic oil, and was greeted by a f*** ton of white smoke out the back... don't know if its just been sitting of a while or what..... but anyways.... faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

B18C1...... i guess

Alphonse

5+ Year Member
Did a compression test, and it turned out fine, so I assume no BHG
cylinder
1:180
2:170
3:179
4:180

Alphonse

5+ Year Member
Seems to run fine now, I don't know but it's almost like it fixed itself, but I doubt that and i'm sure it will die again shortly. Nothing I'm not used to courtesy of the Celica. Anyways I've gotta get a few engg assignments done and then I'm going to go over it and make sure nothings leaking or anything

Alphonse

5+ Year Member
Shift nob came in, pics later....

anyways, in exactly one week, I will be done my first year of engineering, and a whole lot of parts can finally make their way onto the car

FusionXylerion

'97 Civic Si
5+ Year Member
Shift nob came in, pics later....

anyways, in exactly one week, I will be done my first year of engineering, and a whole lot of parts can finally make their way onto the car
Nice! Funny thing, I'm heading into engineering this fall! Can't wait to see how this comes along during the summer.