Cannot pull Cels at all

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi everyone,

picked up a new hatch and cannot pull any cels. the engine is jdm b18c with a b16 head and p75 chipped and tunned ecu. Ive tried manually jumping the blue connector under the dash and nothing comes on. the cel on the gauge cluster doesnt even come on when i do this or with the key in the ignition. the cel light does not come on at all. AND YES THE BULB IS GOOD AND i have swapped it with the oil light to confirm which works.

also, the cabin harness (grey color) by the ecu and blue connector was all cut (this harness sits in the same position as the green connector), with some wires only connected. not sure if this is the problem but does anyone have any leads on this wiring harness schematic and which wire colors lead to the ability to jump the harness and start flashing? i understand the manual jump har.ness is black and brown which is NOT CUT

i was also thinking, since this ecu is chipped and tuned, is it possible the ecu will not read or throw any codes at all?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The chipped obd1 ecu will still send codes to the cel but your issue seems to be with the bulb or wires since the light should light up briefly with key on. I'm assuming you have a 96-00 hatch so go download the fsm and look at the wiring diagrams and figure out how the ecu communicates to the cel