car sound?

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i got an 02 ex vtec... is it me or do our/or others sounds different from other civics? cuz i think it sounds so much different then me friends civic same exact thing but lx non vtec and mine sounds like there a belt or something sounding weird but im not sure if its me or others too? i have seen other ex's with the same sound but idk...anyone with an ex no? anyone have any idea as to why? any help would be sick... p.s. have looked to try and find a thread but if its a repost im sorry....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I dont know why it would sound different, it really shouldnt. There isnt much difference between the two cars. The exhaust is built slightly different, the LX has the cat in the header, EX has it on the downpipe, that shouldnt make a difference. Youre really not going to be able to tell the difference in sound between an A1 and A2 head.

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no only accelerating p.s. got new timing and serpatine belts

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no its like a belt is lose but i no it isnt cuz all belts are like brand f**kin new.... its like a ticking/belt sound... idk

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My car makes the same noise when it is colder out.

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
Maybe the belts are just loose... It doesn't matter if they're new, they may not have been tightened enough.

sfear

5+ Year Member
i have an 02 ex too. its a sedan. makes nothing i think out of ordinary, but engine sounds really muffed (stock) compared to other civics, thats about it

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Confused, is it a ticking noise? how loud? have you opened the hood and had someone rev it to see where it is?