car sways at low speed

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so when im doing anywhere from 5-20mph i can feel my car swaying slightly left and right. im pretty sure its nothing engine related because if im just rolling in neutral it will still shake/sway. it feels like its coming from the back left wheel. ive had my cousin drive side by side so he could look at it and he says he doesnt see anything. im thinking i have a warped disk. are there other possibilities? what should i be looking for when i pull my wheel off?

Last edited:

EGsr27

EK'in it now!!
5+ Year Member
i dont think its warped rotor if its not going on while youre braking. have the wheel checked to make sure its not bent or out of balance. check the easy s**t first.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude, that aint right man lol. get your alignment checked and lookover the rims for a bent one, and check that all your lugs are torqued 80ft/lbs

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think you just might need an alignment. Make sure everything is kosher.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
balace the tire, and usually they can tell you in the process if your wheel is bent. i had that problem as well in the corolla, back left tire was bent, make car sway and ride was bumpy. this is NOT SAFE to drive, wheel MAY come off.

bishop9000

5+ Year Member
its either the a bent wheel, or a seperated tire. and dont dismiss the tire as the problem if its "like new" i'd say its almost for sure your tire. run your hands over it and feel if the tread is flat and uniform or if there is a goose egg. ive seen it happen on tires that were less than 6 months old. if you cant figure it out take it to a shop they wont charge you much to tell you what it is.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trailing arm bushing and if its windy.
could be that too, my friends prelude had torn up trailing arm bushings and on the freeway that car was all over the place

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sway bar links?