car wont go

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i swapped motor it it started up and i roll backwards out of the garage and when i put it in gera to go my car just reved and barely was goin it as like some one was pushing the car down street while i was driving so i pulled it back in to the garage and pulled ebrake up and let off clutch in gear and car didnt stall it stayed on any suggestions

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah it sounds like the clutch is either bad or that the transmission is broke internally... those are my two guesses, unless you did a poor job bleeding the clutch.

do yo uactually feel the clutch engaugeing and disengauging

(you are useing a hydro trans right? or did yo ucable swap it.

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what ever my stock setup is for tranny is what i got didnt do any swap there and ya clutch engages and disengages

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it sounds like a clutch problem. not enough contact between the clutch and flywheel. that would cause it to barely move as it slips.

if it was working correctly the car should have stalled.

i would check everything from the pedal up to the transmission before having to drop the tranny out an inspect the clutch. it could be the spacing between the flywheel and the clutch or even the flywheel. it;s hard to really say for sure.

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i just had it towed to shop cause i skipped out of work to try and figure it out just so everyone know its the stock dx tranny on a jdm d15b

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah im with ^^ im ganna best out and say that its a clutch engaugement issue, all they are probably going to do is bleed it, (if that dont work they'll more then likely pull it and check to see if everything is engauging when it should, and worst case you make need to get a new clutch if that one got to burnt during the testing before you had it towed.

did you smell burnt clutch at all when you did any of this?

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya i never removed clutch all good if i need new one gibes me good reasont to go aftermarket lol wife will love it