car won't start help please..

fivecrew123

Hi guys hoping you can help me with my current problem.

This morning i tried to start the car turned the key on everything works fine as normal lights,radio,etc, but when i tried starting it has the click sound but has no crank :( so the car wont start but before all of this yesterday when i started the car it turned on but it had a weak crank but it started and i drove as normal then this morning this happened. Btw my ride is a 2000 honda civic sohc engine. Any help will gladly be appteciated.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gonna need more info than that.

What is the voltage at the battery? How are the grounds? Are they all tight, free from corrosion, and clean? What is the voltage at the starter?

fivecrew123

Gonna need more info than that.

What is the voltage at the battery? How are the grounds? Are they all tight, free from corrosion, and clean? What is the voltage at the starter?
Gonna test the battery tomorrow,grounds are ok,battery terminals are clean,gonna test the starter tomorrow also,what should be the right output if i test the battery and starter?

Trekk

Registered VIP
Car batteries are 6 cells each at 2.1 volts so you should have 12.6 volts at the battery with the car not running. Do your first reading and if the voltage looks normal 12-13 volts turn the high beams on for 20-30sec then turn them back off and get another reading.

Jermee

Registered VIP
Ill go ahead and say its the battery. Go get it tested and let us know how it turns out. Good luck

Sent from your moms house.

ekprimal

sounds all too familiar. my Lights worked, radio, etc. my battery was brand new, the car clicked but no crank. I couldn't think about what else could have been wrong. This Happened to me a couples months back. It ended up being my distributor. check that out!

oh yeah and back to the weak crank you said. I had that issue on and off for about a week prior to the distributor going out too. i'm almost positive it's your distributor lol.