Carbon Fiber PW:J Intake Question.

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have two questions regarding this intake because I'm thinking about getting it for my Civic..

1.) I can't find anywhere where it says it's CARB legal, so can anyone confirm / deny that?

2.) If not CARB legal, say I get pulled over and a cop notices I have the intake w/ that CARB legal sticker on the intake - what's the worse that can happen? Fix-it ticket?

Thanks!

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whale Penis FTL, ask OC lawl.

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha, yes yes, the infamous whale penis intake. :D

I don't really mind, because it looks completely badass. Yeah, it may be a bit overkill with the size, but I think it's worth it. Looks 10x better than any AEM / INJEN intake IMHO.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, yes yes, the infamous whale penis intake. :D

I don't really mind, because it looks completely badass. Yeah, it may be a bit overkill with the size, but I think it's worth it. Looks 10x better than any AEM / INJEN intake IMHO.
its a motor part.. what does what it looks like matter? :what:
the truth is based on unbiased testing it really doesnt do anything

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a motor part.. what does what it looks like matter? :what:
the truth is based on unbiased testing it really doesnt do anything
Because looks are almost as important as performance in my eyes. Almost all CAI perform pretty much the same, so it really only depended on looks after I knew that.

dorifto83

**lurking**
5+ Year Member
Because looks are almost as important as performance in my eyes. Almost all CAI perform pretty much the same, so it really only depended on looks after I knew that.
How do you go arguing an opinion as fact? Last I checked a power chamber intake wasn't a cold air intake, and it didn't make any difference that's worth a s**t..

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
An intake is an intake on a Honda. Don't waste your money.

I raced my friend with I/H/E in his 99 ex ( d16y8 ) and we were still dead even. And all I have is an eBay generic short ram. We raced like a dozen times. All the same outcome (a few times we each won because we launched at different times).

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How do you go arguing an opinion as fact? Last I checked a power chamber intake wasn't a cold air intake, and it didn't make any difference that's worth a s**t..
I didn't mean to sound like I was "arguing an opinion as a fact." I simply meant that on a d-series engine, an intake is an intake - it doesn't give you any huge performance gains. Then I just said that I think CF intake from P:JDM is a lot better looking than any AEM / INJEN intake in my opinion.

What's wrong with caring about looks just as much as I would with performance mods?

dorifto83

**lurking**
5+ Year Member
What's wrong with caring about looks just as much as I would with performance mods?
Nothing, but saying that looks are the only difference between them is not correct. Reread what you wrote first, it is completely different than what you wrote last. If looks are all you are looking for, then buy what you like. Don't say that they are all the same, because that'll make joe schmoe who wants to buy that that intake think that it will give him just as much power as say a cold air intake, when that is just not the case.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't mean to sound like I was "arguing an opinion as a fact." I simply meant that on a d-series engine, an intake is an intake - it doesn't give you any huge performance gains. Then I just said that I think CF intake from P:JDM is a lot better looking than any AEM / INJEN intake in my opinion.

:word: Thats why i bought mine, i thought it looks hella tight, and sounds nice. Thats also why im currently running my mugen axleback, looks and sound, not really performance. Right now, i'm running my stock midpipe, meaning its more show than performance. Honestly, the d series motor just wont put out the hp i want right now on my budget, so seriously, who cares, i just want it to look clean. :lol:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just buy it... you wont have any trouble with the cops.

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nothing, but saying that looks are the only difference between them is not correct. Reread what you wrote first, it is completely different than what you wrote last. If looks are all you are looking for, then buy what you like. Don't say that they are all the same, because that'll make joe schmoe who wants to buy that that intake think that it will give him just as much power as say a cold air intake, when that is just not the case.
I guess. Anyways, just pretend I didn't write that first post and we'll all be happy.

:lol: