carpet?? who needs carpet (56k who knows)

Govacho

RUN THAT s**t.......
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel ya bro the hell with the carpet. That shell looks F-in nice...........

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dumb question> the dry ice takes the paint off?

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never mind...i now know that it takes the tar off, to reduce weight lol sorry

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i did that exact same thing to my 89 civic hatch, except i had it sprayed with Line-x bedliner.... it's soooooooooooooo nice, thinking about doing it to my gsr also, line-x is 10x the sound deadener then that s**t that comes stock

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you guys spray the whole entire floor? or just the areas where the stock s**t was?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i went nuts and did everything.. roof... a/b/c pillars... i had lots of cans.. and went spray happy.

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
another question (sorry lol) thats to keep the sound of the road silent? if not, whats the purpose for doing it?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i masked off the wiring and glass and they did my entire interior also... but i didnt dry ice the old sound deadening material, i used a heat gun..... dry ice would have been much cleaner.....

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if its for to dampen the sound...why even take the old s**t off? why not just spray the new stuff over the old stuff?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the old stuff weighs like 30lbs..... that's 30lbs off of your car for just a little more work and a cleaner looking end product

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
odd question, where would they have dry ice, and how much does 30 lbs cost?, and where do they sell that Line-X stuff?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
there are a few line-x shops around my town... prolly just look in the phone book
you should be able to find a shop that sells dry ice in the phone book also, any chemical supply shop should be able to get it.

you can use rubber undercoating in spray cans instead of line-x, but from my personal experience it has a tendecy to come off pretty easy, line-x... that s**t is pretty much permanant

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got my dryice from a local welding supplies store.

and as far as this stuff chipping off.. i can see that happening if i start throwing stuff in the back.. but i doubt i'll be doing that any times soon.

post pics todd.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
knockoff said:
i got my dryice from a local welding supplies store.

and as far as this stuff chipping off.. i can see that happening if i start throwing stuff in the back.. but i doubt i'll be doing that any times soon.

post pics todd.
i dont have any :(
it was like 4 years ago.... i have tons of un developed film.... i prolly have a few pics on there

and dont worry about it coming off, i was hard on mine... it sure didnt come of EASY

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah.. ive been trying to get it off.. had a little left over so i was throwing socket at it.. and it stood up pretty good.

phill11204

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, u can imagine how much a spray can weighs, it is'nt any heavier after it's out of the can

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
IGotASlowCivic said:
So it reduces road noise? And is ligher then stock? :?:
and looks 10 million times better
so fresh so clean :mrgreen: