CEL code PO133

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
Driving home from downtown last night and my CEL turns on. My car was driving fine and stuff didnt seem like anything was wrong. This morning i took it to auto zone so they could run the code and came up with PO133. Just looked on honda tech and it says its the rear Air-fuel sensor. Is there anything i can do to check a connection that may be bad or should i just take it to goodyear and have them fix it?? Much appreciation fellas

RonJ

Banned
Unless you have an exhaust leak, the primary O2 sensor is almost surely bad. Unfortunately, the O2 sensor for the D16Y5 engine (if you have a Civic HX) is very expensive. You can save some money by doing the work yourself.

Last edited:

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
i have a 2000 civic dx HB. how would i know if i have an exhaust leak? sorry if thats a dumb question :(

RonJ

Banned
i have a 2000 civic dx HB. how would i know if i have an exhaust leak? sorry if thats a dumb question :(
Start by visually inspecting the exhaust system for cracks and holes.

Sorry, I don't know what a Civic DX HB is. What does HB stand for?

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Start by visually inspecting the exhaust system for cracks and holes.

Sorry, I don't know what a Civic DX HB is. What does HB stand for?
I'm guessing he means Civic DX Hatch-Back. I thought the same thing, lol. Then agian, i might be wrong.

EDIT: someone beat me to it!

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
yes hatchback. and the kid that had it before me rigged an ehaust up. and its got some pretty shitty welds. so ill take a look