CEL flashing when accelrating over 90?

lnknprkfn

for some reason today when i accelrated over 90 MPH my cell started flashing, so i dropped down below then went over again and it flashed again so is this a Vtec problem? it was smokey outside today from some burning but it wasnt thick smog smoke, i have a solid CEL on for a O2 sensor which may also aide in its cause but i cant be certain.. its a 97 Honda Civic HX with a CVT transmission, and to my knowledge its fully stock except for to my knowledge aftermarket knock sensor, fan control switch, wire and plug set(Bosche wires and Pulstar Plugs) no rough driving over 90 just CEL flashes for some reason, any ideas someone?

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
It means slow down it doesnt want to go that fast

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont do 90. its illegal and ur gonna kill someone idiot

lnknprkfn

It means slow down it doesnt want to go that fast

ive considered that as being the reason but i wanted to make sure for i am not a expert. but i was testing top speed because i just got it back in may and havnt really let it loose to see how fast it could handle so i used a backroad that very few travel on. so if anybody would of been hurt it would of likely to been me and me only. do still got those few kinks to work out though, possibly need to clean the EGR because i get random drops in rpm occasionally when i let off the gas so no CEL codes there =/

gugiey

Registered VIP
ive considered that as being the reason but i wanted to make sure for i am not a expert. but i was testing top speed because i just got it back in may and havnt really let it loose to see how fast it could handle so i used a backroad that very few travel on. so if anybody would of been hurt it would of likely to been me and me only. do still got those few kinks to work out though, possibly need to clean the EGR because i get random drops in rpm occasionally when i let off the gas so no CEL codes there =/
keep doing it . when it flashes it means keep driving it ...

you know how when you get a code it stays on .

well when it flashes it means stop what ever your doing because there is Something serious going wrong or going to go wrong. so pull over and get it toed to a shop to check what code it set .

because if not serious damage can be done to your car.

obviously this does not include when you stick a paper clip in the service port .to retrieve the codes .

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Slow down before you kill someone and you won't have that problem?

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Hx's with a cvt arent meant to go that fast those cvt cant handle it and its unsafe no matter where u are. Do the speed limit and start replacing parts like the o2 u meantioned

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, don't do 90. If that's the only time you have that problem then it shouldn't be a problem.