CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
didnt you say something awhile ago about wheels getting made in japan? whats going on with that?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
didnt you say something awhile ago about wheels getting made in japan? whats going on with that?
Still waiting on them. Nothing special really, just some Work CR 01's. There's a high volume back order on them along with the wait to fill a container. :( sucks waiting. Took me a couple of months to get my rrc oil dipstick...I was told a 3-4 month wait on these as well. That's why I didn't hype it up about getting wheels

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^^thanks!

what time is it.....

hybrid-racing
time

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome find man! super clean coupe, its coming along sooper smooth! hey man, dont forget about claying that paint then use some mothers cleaner carnuba wax and polish..

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're telling him how to take care of paint? ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome find man! super clean coupe, its coming along sooper smooth! hey man, dont forget about claying that paint then use some mothers cleaner carnuba wax and polish..

I'm in an image mood lately.

Hefty order put in to hybrid racing, it already shipped out so I'll just update with pics when it's here. I also ordered some more function 7 lca's to get the coupe moving along and so I can throw the stock ones on the hatch since it's sold. Also have a dc sports ceramic header (provided by the hatch buyer) to throw on the hatch to get operable again.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You waste no time getting things done!

How much were you able to get out of the hatch?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You waste no time getting things done!

How much were you able to get out of the hatch?
Insurance only gave 1150 for it, and I just needed this thing out of my garage so I sold it for a grand without my fancy bits on it.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Still not terrible. At least you got something for it.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hybrid-Racing! Hybrid-Racing! Hybrid-Racing! GO, GO, GO!

Hefty order put in to hybrid racing, it already shipped out so I'll just update with pics when it's here. I also ordered some more function 7 lca's to get the coupe moving along and so I can throw the stock ones on the hatch since it's sold. Also have a dc sports ceramic header (provided by the hatch buyer) to throw on the hatch to get operable again.
Man, Hybrid-Racing makes some good stuff. I'm going to spend so much money through those guys. Also, CHILD, I'm envious of your seemingly deep pockets.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Hahahahahaha! Yes! That was the proper response! On a related note, I won't be able to get a diff vehicle for winter, what's the best way to prep a chassis for snow, salt, and grit? Our winters can get brutal out of nowhere. Thanks man!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U sold ur wrecked hatch for way more than i sold my rhd hatch for lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahahahahaha! Yes! That was the proper response! On a related note, I won't be able to get a diff vehicle for winter, what's the best way to prep a chassis for snow, salt, and grit? Our winters can get brutal out of nowhere. Thanks man!
Honestly, i'd be no help in that department since I haven't had to keep a vehicle in a snowy location. I only lived in snow areas as a kid (south dakota)....when snow was an awesome thing haha.
U sold ur wrecked hatch for way more than i sold my rhd hatch for lol
:shock::shock::shock::shock: Thats crazy

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you wanna go all out, you can coat the bottom of the chassis with like rhino liner spray, duraliner stuff that they use for beds of trucks. They also make some rust preventive spray that could be a cheaper way to go (idk who makes it or where to get it) otherwise just keep your car clean, and do underbody rinses as much as you can to get the salt off and clean the snow off the car as much as you can. Those are the best tips i got.

And looking good child. Thats about the price i bought my hatch for and way more than what i got for selling my dsm

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only 1150? ouch. a girl near me got hers hit and insurance paid 4k, and it was only a year and a half ago