CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You said it yourself...

4x100 is unpopular. You are spending all this money on engine and everything else but refuse to spend a grand on a 5 lug? I dont understand your reasoning.

U want baller brakes but wont foot the bill where its needed and are cutting corners to be different. Which is retarded.

Man up and go five lug and make your life easier. Who cares if others have already done it. Its a honda. Get over it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You said it yourself...

4x100 is unpopular. You are spending all this money on engine and everything else but refuse to spend a grand on a 5 lug? I dont understand your reasoning.

U want baller brakes but wont foot the bill where its needed and are cutting corners to be different. Which is retarded.

Man up and go five lug and make your life easier. Who cares if others have already done it. Its a honda. Get over it.
Brutal truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You said it yourself...

5 lug is not needed for one, and secondly, a set of lets say a Volk RE30's in a 4x100 is more rare and baller than constantly produced 5x114.3 16" RE30. A 4 lug old school racing wheel would be tits. Even 5 lug 15" wheels with good brake clearance is rare. That's when the 5 lug wouldn't help me out besides spending more money. I'd be left looking for the same types of wheels just with an extra hole.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
5 lug is not needed for one, and secondly, a set of lets say a Volk RE30's in a 4x100 is more rare and baller than constantly produced 5x114.3 16" RE30. A 4 lug old school racing wheel would be tits. Even 5 lug 15" wheels with good brake clearance is rare. That's when the 5 lug wouldn't help me out besides spending more money. I'd be left looking for the same types of wheels just with an extra hole.
Great come back

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He doesnt want 5 lug!
He doesnt want 16" wheels!

His reasonings are clear to read,
He wants 15's bc the CTR was fitted with 15s from factory! He also likes the look of the tire in the wheel well!
He doesnt need a extra bolt hole to find a set of wheels. He wants to stay 4x100 bc he already has a baller wheel (work cr-01) which were bought brand new. Why waste those wheels and attempt to sell? :screwy:
How hard is it for everyone else to read?
:what:
He wants a semi rare or baller looking wheel, 15x8 with a reasonable offset.

So lets all drop the 16" suggestions and the 5 lug topic and continue giving suggestions!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He doesnt want 5 lug!
He doesnt want 16" wheels!

His reasonings are clear to read,
He wants 15's bc the CTR was fitted with 15s from factory! He also likes the look of the tire in the wheel well!
He doesnt need a extra bolt hole to find a set of wheels. He wants to stay 4x100 bc he already has a baller wheel (work cr-01) which were bought brand new. Why waste those wheels and attempt to sell? :screwy:
How hard is it for everyone else to read?
:what:
He wants a semi rare or baller looking wheel, 15x8 with a reasonable offset.

So lets all drop the 16" suggestions and the 5 lug topic and continue giving suggestions!
K club team work

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bunch of leg humpers...
How so?
Bc he said many times he doesnt want 5 lug? Or even prior to all of this many pages back he also states he doesnt see a reasoning for 5 lug on his car?
Or is it bc most people (including him im sure) are tired of reading post after post about going 5 lug when hes repeatedly stated "NO 5 LUG for me"

I dont think money is his problem, one should have learned that after he spent gobbs of money on the sickest and most baller k swap parts mankind can buy. If he wanted 5 lug he would probably already have it, and he would have also ordered his CR-01s in 5-114.3 if he wanted 5 lug.

After all this he did ask for opinions, however after the first reasoning people should have understood!
Ill QFT now! :thumbup:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i found this there is a couple links in there http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2988084
i hope you read that before you decided to share it. Half of the thread the useless HT members are talking about 12" bbk's with 15" wheels instead of 11" like the OP is using ( i follow chase's build on k20a so i know) and the only two mentions of useful wheels are the buddy clubs....which i mentioned as one of my choices, and oem steelies from newer civics. I wouldn't upgrade brakes to get some oem steelies to go over them. :roll:

useless
Bunch of leg humpers...
Honda owners for ya :whiner: haha
I guess so, the worst part about modding a honda is the same old s**t being done all the damn time. A couple of pages of no help whatsoever to break out of norm shows where the honda community is headed....nowhere. Ill keep my ideas in my head.

mymmeryloss, you of all people on here should understand about being different and not taking the easy way out. :cool:

emerican

Registered VIP
dont keep your ideas in your head man even if folks dont agree it still puts it out there and at least a few people dig the ideas.
i try to be a little different with my car although its hard to tell, because i dont have the money to be really different, but i have stuck by my sohc even when with all the cash put into it i could have swapped it, but i didnt want to.
the only exterior mods to my car is the si grill and black housed headlights every other dollar is in the engine suspensions and misc interior stuff like the gauges i just put in. it may not be very different, but i hate seeing all the people no matter what the car that say mugen rep lip lower it wheels maybe and sri and your done. if thats what the person wants to do thats fine, but the honda community is bad about picking a single trend and thats all most people suggest. Just when what we call "rice" was in style if you did just a lip kit then you would have been out of the norm. The style now is the "oem or jdm" eventually it will change thats why like child you have to do what you like with your car if you just listened to the trend really good builds such as yours sir would have been finished long ago.
thats my rant for the night hope it all makes since

emerican

Registered VIP
cliffnots if its baller or broke, rice or jdm or oem. at the end of the day nobody else has to like it and you cant build cars for others to like you wont end up being happy in the end. so do whatever makes you happy and dont be stiffled by trends or things such as that if you like a little rice then go with it may not be my style, but like i said its your ride. if you want to do baller things like child does with his builds {which i love and envy} then do that as long as your happy with it at the end of the day.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ill keep my ideas in my head.
That's what I do. That's why my build thread is idk how many pages back. Everyone has their own canvas to work on and some just like working on their art in private =)
I have opinions on how you should go too but then I just keep them in and see what way you go, never seems to disappoint anyway

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I disagree that the Honda scene is going nowhere. I think there is just more access to information and social media than in the past, so you get more opinions. If everyone making suggestions in this thread had 5 lug, big brake setups, and volks, it would be different. ;)

Personally I think its annoying to read 2 pages of people telling you what to do, when you have prefectly good reasoning as to why you made the decisions that you did/are.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Getting the extra opinions is a good thing but it's the opinions that directly ignore the circumstances (due to lack of info most likely) are pretty useless opinions. I decided to ask in my thread in hopes that some of that broad internet info could enlighten me a little bit rather than just try to guide me towards the common upgrades or commonly desired upgrades.

it's all good, I'll just experiment on my own if i can't find specs to help me out.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Buy quality product, grind it down top use. No thank you.

I know people do that, but that's pretty lame imo. Apply that sort of thinking to other parts on the car. Imagine cutting away at anything that doesn't fit, versus using something that properly fits.