CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For what it is that's not bad for a stock motor.
the most impressive thing was the torque it retained for a b16. Peak power was down a bit when you consider it was a jdm b16a. It was a fun car but wasnt nearly enough for what I wanted. Turbo was my next step for performance, I even had a setup worked out with Greg from go-autoworks.

Was t that a Fujita CAI for the integra? If so was it the ls/gs ?
Yes and yes. Fujita didnt have a proper 3" and the cost of intake showed that. I should have went with AEM or Injen for a 3". I wasnt concerned with max N/A output and I only went with that cold air because I basically got it free. Sold my carbon fiber intake for the price of the fujita for a little more top end power.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Swap related question here!

Have you gave any thought about using the factory k20a2 oil cooler on your k24 block? I have been seeing several k24 guys do this conversion.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Swap related question here!

Have you gave any thought about using the factory k20a2 oil cooler on your k24 block? I have been seeing several k24 guys do this conversion.
I considered it since the TSX has the provision for it without any tapping necessary, but I also considered that this motor won't be seeing the same revs or stress without seriously racing so it should be fine as is. Same thing with the Rsx-s or S2000 oil pump. I don't plan on doing the extra revving, so i'm going to enjoy the smoother and balanced stock pump.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Another order put in with Frank of Downstar and that's it for now.

another mock-up

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
Hey CHILD What do you recommend to clean up oil off a motor etc. On my last posts on my build you can see what i'm talking about. Basically there's a thick thick coat of oil on my block/head from where the previous owner had a valve cover leak and just let it leak and kept putting more oil. So it has massive amount of oil covering it.. Thanks

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Use that orange auto zone hand cleaner and some degreaser from auto zone along with brake fluid I swear to God brake fluid eats s**t up good.try those itll do you good .

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Use that orange auto zone hand cleaner and some degreaser from auto zone along with brake fluid I swear to God brake fluid eats s**t up good.try those itll do you good .

Brake fluid will also eat up the paint in the bay.

I think child swears by simple green.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey CHILD What do you recommend to clean up oil off a motor etc. On my last posts on my build you can see what i'm talking about. Basically there's a thick thick coat of oil on my block/head from where the previous owner had a valve cover leak and just let it leak and kept putting more oil. So it has massive amount of oil covering it.. Thanks
I think child swears by simple green.
^^^^^^^
Simple Green if you have paint that you don't want damaged. Still be mindful with it and dont use high water pressure to spray it off. To get things really clean with it, expect to do some wiping with the simple green. If you're not worried about any paint damage anywhere, Super Clean works great. Its very strong so you have to be careful with it. With Super clean, spray on while the surface is cool and dry, let it sit awhile, and then rinse off. Id do simple green several times first though.

OneFastGSR

Registered VIP
I think walmart has industrial cleaner/degreaser simple green and than all purpose cleaner. I'm going to guess you use the industrial type? I'm going to remove the header one day and just have at it.. Lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think walmart has industrial cleaner/degreaser simple green and than all purpose cleaner. I'm going to guess you use the industrial type? I'm going to remove the header one day and just have at it.. Lol
I use this

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ugh u make me realize how badly i need to clean s**t on my truck...

Kali Hissle

SICKSPEED
Registered VIP
Yea good thought I forgot about that, ill try that simple green looks like good stuff.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Plans have changed up a little bit and i'm already in the process of picking up another shifter assembly and i'm selling my hybrid racing bolt in shifter.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What are you going with now?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you going with now?
K-tuned RSX billet shifter and running my race spec shifter cables through the heater core outlet at the firewall. Still a bolt in affair, no worries about seized shifter cables due to exhaust heat, more space to tuck the exhaust closer to the body for more ground clearance, and more bling :cool:

Also, the K-tuned race spec cables fit a little awkward in the hybrid-racing box.