CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Its been along time in the works, I too have watched this from the start! You build a damn good ride CHILD! Cant wait to see that K in there!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*sweating from anxious anticipation*** :rolf:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2.5 years and 4000+ posts later; I am still just as amped, as I was when I first started to follow this thread, for you to do this swap! I don't feel the need to tell you to keep it up, I think that's a habitual action for you. Good work Child!

Now are you keeping the Ex cluster as posted on pg. 1 in your mods list or what's your plan for that?
Yeah it's been awhile. Having my son really threw everything on the back burner for a bit. As far as the cluster goes, I've been talking with Gaijin-Garage (an authorized Spoon dealer) about a modded cluster from Spoon. The part hasn't been listed anywhere for sale, but Im hoping to get ahold of one. So I do have plans to change it but if I can't get the one I'm after, ill just go with an AP1 cluster. I'm currently just picking up tools I'll need for the swap and I'll jump into swapping it asap without an exhaust for the moment.
Can't wait to see it with the heart transplant, your builds are inspiring. Sub'd
Its been along time in the works, I too have watched this from the start! You build a damn good ride CHILD! Cant wait to see that K in there!
Thanks you guys!
*sweating from anxious anticipation*** :rolf:
Haha. Me too actually. I'm excited!

EG/DC chassis parts arrive tomorrow!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So... New ETA? :cool:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man I know your pumped bro. It's been a long journey and your almost there. We all know your build isn't over once the swap is done but it will damn sure be worth it all the first time you give the car 100% throttle and vtec engages and you take off like a rocket ship on the interstate or highway of your choosing.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you serious? I'll be there.
:thumbs up !!! If the car isn't there, i'll be doing photos and video for sure and hanging around with team5star if not solo

BIG SHOUT OUT to Alex, K-N-2-EK, for hooking me up and doing a great job with getting my EG/DC parts powder coated!!! I appreciate all the effort to get me what I wanted!

Makes my paint job look pretty dull hahaha

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah it's been awhile. Having my son really threw everything on the back burner for a bit.
I'm right there with you on that. My daughter has sapped nearly any free time I had left... I was planning to install power door locks and an alarm in mine this weekend, but my wife is already tapping me in to have the baby all weekend.

I'd like to offer help to do the swap or come see your car at wekfest... but my wife would never let me go that far to 'play' right now :roll:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's some nice powder coating there. The Ek subframe cannot be used?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll keep an eye out, but I'll be solo. My car isn't wekfest worthy.
Just look for the star on my neck lol. I do respond to Childstar, or "HEY!" Lol
That's some nice powder coating there. The Ek subframe cannot be used?
I could use my ek subframe and have way worse ground clearance especially since I have the taller k24, not enough room to fit anything other than a PRB (rsx) intake manifold, so less power or mods needing to be done to the radiator and/or core support to clear the TPS, also I'd have a bad axle angle that tends to snap axles easily when over 200whp which is basically a completely stock swap.
Thanks boss!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now when the swap starts and he pulls the d out we have to wait another 2 weeks on scuffing filling and prepping before that bad boy goes in haha

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now when the swap starts and he pulls the d out we have to wait another 2 weeks on scuffing filling and prepping before that bad boy goes in haha
It won't be that dramatic because I need a compete paint job and body work and I don't have the cash for the type of work I want done. I'll be driving before paint.

Only EK9 set I know of in America