CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Can't mount a tsx trans in the chassis. Plus again, went with a DC5 ITR since it's one of the fastest transmissions. I want to stay NA, and the close ratios should pull pretty insane. A tsx trans is a slush box like a base model rsx. I actually want to go with a spoon final drive later on if I have to rebuild the trans.

You have put so much knowledge in my head about k20a2 vs k24a2 then I could find from hours of search the interweb. Lol I love and hate your engine build, because it's exactly what I want to build but I hate it cause I don't like coping or having the same thing as someone else. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. Ive researched Ks for a long time and was afraid to chop up a car or spend as much as I thought it would cost. So when I finally dove into it, I had a pretty solid base of info.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Haha. Ive researched Ks for a long time and was afraid to chop up a car or spend as much as I thought it would cost. So when I finally dove into it, I had a pretty solid base of info.

You wanna build my EP for me? Lmao

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So if I was going to do a build with barely to know mechanic skills how hard of a time? Lol
Honestly, the K's are super simple. Tons of fool proof things to help, for instance, cams. The cam pulse plates, only fit on in one orientation, intake and exhaust cam are clearly marked, when at TDC (which is marked on the timing chain, cam gears, as well as the arrows on the block and crank pulley, cams can be installed with a locking pin or something as simple as allen wrenches so that they are perfect and just ready for the timing chain to go on. I Lol. I think it's harder to mess things up.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol how big is your wallet?
Honda crv block and rbb tsx head, sub $1000 total and you have a low compression TSX basically. Throw in another few hundred on a rsx base trans or ep3 trans and you have a mean Frankenstein for chump change.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Honda crv block and rbb tsx head, sub $1000 total and you have a low compression TSX basically. Throw in another few hundred on a rsx base trans or ep3 trans and you have a mean Frankenstein for chump change.

I don't really wanna go the chump change way. If I'm doing a swap it's gonna be all the way. Is the ITR trams the same as a Type S?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't really wanna go the chump change way. If I'm doing a swap it's gonna be all the way. Is the ITR trams the same as a Type S?

No. The DC5 ITR has a faster 4th, 5th, and 6th gear, faster final drive, and an oem LSD. The 8th gen civic si and 05-06 rsx type s has the same final drive as the dc5 itr.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
No. The DC5 ITR has a faster 4th, 5th, and 6th gear, faster final drive, and an oem LSD. The 8th gen civic si and 05-06 rsx type s has the same final drive as the dc5 itr.

Was it hard to find dc5 ITR tranny?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

If you look at what your getting for "chump change" its a good Bang for the Buck.
So don't let the term Chump change fool you.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
If you look at what your getting for "chump change" its a good Bang for the Buck.
So don't let the term Chump change fool you.
This ^ a k swap is a k swap. If you want to upgrade further then "chump change" is a good way to go. Can always rebuild to your liking.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
This ^ a k swap is a k swap. If you want to upgrade further then "chump change" is a good way to go. Can always rebuild to your liking.

I already have a k in my car I just want the best one to swap in there.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Was it hard to find dc5 ITR tranny?
not when you know to call Steve at Hmotors. He has tons od things on hand and containers arrive pretty often. Way more often than most of the businesses who import jdm goodies.

I already have a k in my car I just want the best one to swap in there.
06-08 K24A2 or DC5 ITR K20A. The two most potent motors in stock form. They also come with the price tag that reflects that unfortunately. The K20A, I wouldn't really want to modify outside of bolt ons and a tune, just because it kinda defeats the purpose od buying it. You basically end up taking out what makes it a R motor. The K24a2 can use improvement, the head. Although it makes great power, the RBB tsx head is one of the worst flowing k series heads. Funny how Honda put the low flowing head with the most aggressive set of oem cams together. Even porting the RBB head is very limited because it has soo many water passages, there isn't enough material to port and get the CFM you can get from a ported rsx head. Also, you can free up power by changing the tsx oil pump to a CTR or rsx type s pump which is lighter weight and works more efficiently at higher rpm.

:thumbs up

Get that WS2 on order already!
I will. Hoping to pick up the exhaust, ktuned traction bar, and velocity stack for the intake soon. Ill be starting the swap process on the 22nd so I kinda have no choice but to buy lol

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
not when you know to call Steve at Hmotors. He has tons od things on hand and containers arrive pretty often. Way more often than most of the businesses who import jdm goodies.

06-08 K24A2 or DC5 ITR K20A. The two most potent motors in stock form. They also come with the price tag that reflects that unfortunately. The K20A, I wouldn't really want to modify outside of bolt ons and a tune, just because it kinda defeats the purpose od buying it. You basically end up taking out what makes it a R motor. The K24a2 can use improvement, the head. Although it makes great power, the RBB tsx head is one of the worst flowing k series heads. Funny how Honda put the low flowing head with the most aggressive set of oem cams together. Even porting the RBB head is very limited because it has soo many water passages, there isn't enough material to port and get the CFM you can get from a ported rsx head. Also, you can free up power by changing the tsx oil pump to a CTR or rsx type s pump which is lighter weight and works more efficiently at higher rpm.

I will. Hoping to pick up the exhaust, ktuned traction bar, and velocity stack for the intake soon. Ill be starting the swap process on the 22nd so I kinda have no choice but to buy lol

So if you had an ep3 with roughly 180 k on the motor what would you do?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I should have never set a date aside to swap, the days are creeping by now lol.

Put the new hoist together, yay, lol and that's it.....

The "foldable" legs are just laying next to the coupe, got lazy and left em there

Can't wait to throw on the flashy wheels. Got over the look of the nt03s with the quickness lol