CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You'll need longer bolts for the endlinks. The ones that go through the LCA are not long enough. I found that out when I went to install mines for the first time. I guess F7's are thicker around that area. But man what a nice update. Can't wait to see the progress next week. This is going to be a huge process but very smooth since you took your time making sure you have everything needed.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you think you could do like a time lapse thing for the swap that could show the whole swap process from engine removal to installation in a relatively short video? Would be cool :P

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you think you could do like a time lapse thing for the swap that could show the whole swap process from engine removal to installation in a relatively short video? Would be cool :P
ive had a few people ask about that, but I don't have the right equipment for the job. I'll try to get some photos and video here and there as i go through it

sixwhip14

5+ Year Member
Still checking in with great interest. A guy can get a lot of knowledge of the different k series from your thread.
Good luck swappin'.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still checking in with great interest. A guy can get a lot of knowledge of the different k series from your thread.
Good luck swappin'.
yeah, hopefully people will read the info i put out.

Threw on the ASR rear sway bar.

Hadn't shown the Downstar hardware on the rear LCAs. The new version beauty washers should be in the mail to me already so I can update these.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, that rear end is track ready :thumbup:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good as always! I like the location of the watermark lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would have just gotten blox adjustable endlinks like I did, there isn't a difference between them and asr endlinks, the bolt is long enough on the blox links for F7 arms, and they are about 40$ cheaper lol.

I also found that motul off-road chain lubricant for moto-x is the best spherical link lube ever over wd40 and the likes.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would have just gotten blox adjustable endlinks like I did, there isn't a difference between them and asr endlinks, the bolt is long enough on the blox links for F7 arms, and they are about 40$ cheaper lol.

I also found that motul off-road chain lubricant for moto-x is the best spherical link lube ever over wd40 and the likes.

The name difference alone between blox and Asr is worth the 40 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The name difference alone between blox and Asr is worth the 40 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read and researched about it very thoroughly bruh.

I don't think it matters since from what I read, they are outsourced from an overseas manufacturer, and they will need to be replaced often anyways.