CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Will do. I like adding one thing at a time, taking my cars out to a curvy patch of roads i've found and driving it over and over until I feel what needs attention for grip, weight transfer, and stability. I don't corner when and where everyone else does, so I don't automatically buy the common suspension upgrades. I'm all picky about it lol.
Dude I dig that commitment to your quality to detail. I wish I had the experience with what parts do what so I could dial in my car like you are. :shock:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish i had the time and money to clean my ek like that... Soon enough.
You getting a spoiler any time soon?
I might if I can find a genuine spoon wing brand new at the original price without a 3 month wait. That's the best offer i've gotten so far. Trying to keep away from replica parts. If it means an ugly roofline for awhile, then so be it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude I dig that commitment to your quality to detail. I wish I had the experience with what parts do what so I could dial in my car like you are. :shock:
I grew up in the valley in central Cali so all the mountain roads get you used to feeling what the car does at high speed. Speaking of high speed, that's really the only times most of this stuff makes a notable difference. That's why some people think some mods are pointless or not enough performance gained for the money.

FYC27

I might if I can find a genuine spoon wing brand new at the original price without a 3 month wait. That's the best offer i've gotten so far. Trying to keep away from replica parts. If it means an ugly roofline for awhile, then so be it.
Same here.
I hope my build can compare to yours later on =)

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay you have a spot for spirited driving time to get a onboard camera and begin making video's...you asked for it and no i wanna see a full action video! You know you got time while you wait for swap $$$

Side question...does your wife drive the ek?

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I grew up in the valley in central Cali so all the mountain roads get you used to feeling what the car does at high speed. Speaking of high speed, that's really the only times most of this stuff makes a notable difference. That's why some people think some mods are pointless or not enough performance gained for the money.
I live in a pretty curvy road area, lots of windy roads. I could really tell difference with my tie bars even though it doesnt seem like it would make much of a difference

Manser

This may be a tadd off the current topic, but I seen your engine bay picture and it made me think about it. What kind of cleaner did/do you use to get that s**t so clean?! I want to start cleaning my bay up a bit come spring. Im thinking of removing cruise and power steering, my ac's already been pulled and ive already tucked away my fog lights wires, however, my bay is extremely dirty and greasy because the previous owner had it FULLY undercoated(not just the underneath, he did the bay and all:smackself). So if I could pick up the same cleaner as you, or another that youd reccomend i could start on the clean up :P

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay you have a spot for spirited driving time to get a onboard camera and begin making video's...you asked for it and no i wanna see a full action video! You know you got time while you wait for swap $$$

Side question...does your wife drive the ek?
one day, I just might. My wife doesn't drive it. She's always worried that she might mess something up. She's just overly careful with things I dump money into.

This may be a tadd off the current topic, but I seen your engine bay picture and it made me think about it. What kind of cleaner did/do you use to get that s**t so clean?! I want to start cleaning my bay up a bit come spring. Im thinking of removing cruise and power steering, my ac's already been pulled and ive already tucked away my fog lights wires, however, my bay is extremely dirty and greasy because the previous owner had it FULLY undercoated(not just the underneath, he did the bay and all:smackself). So if I could pick up the same cleaner as you, or another that youd reccomend i could start on the clean up :P
I used simple green to start. Sprayed it all over and wiped it down, then washed the bay. I did it several times like every week or so when I first got the car until I finally had all the nasty stuff out of there. Then I did some coats of wax to give it some layer of protection. Now it all rinses clean easily. Super Clean, works really good too BUT that crap eats through paint..so if your clear coat isn't that thick I wouldn't use it. Plus it makes stainless or polished stuff get a ugly film look on them.

Manser

I used simple green to start. Sprayed it all over and wiped it down, then washed the bay. I did it several times like every week or so when I first got the car until I finally had all the nasty stuff out of there. Then I did some coats of wax to give it some layer of protection. Now it all rinses clean easily. Super Clean, works really good too BUT that crap eats through paint..so if your clear coat isn't that thick I wouldn't use it. Plus it makes stainless or polished stuff get a ugly film look on them.
hmmm, alright. Thanks! I'll look into it.

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
lol I've been looking @ function7 LCAs trying to justify spending that much yack on em. This build just gave me another reason. BLANG BLANG!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol I've been looking @ function7 LCAs trying to justify spending that much yack on em. This build just gave me another reason. BLANG BLANG!!
yeah they are shiny and all that, but they are very solid pieces. Lightweight but strong, you can even tell they are on a higher level just when holding them compared to other LCA's. I could feel and hear a difference with these bushings. Its soo much better than before, and I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with these ever. So let's see how they hold up to my abuse.

here's a couple of pics of the shift knob, since most photos are just of product demonstration for sales instead of being used in customer vehicles (which is one of the reasons i got this one)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Definitely an interesting shift knob. Are those stickers to put somewhere as well? It's cool they included the different types for different transmissions.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definitely an interesting shift knob. Are those stickers to put somewhere as well? It's cool they included the different types for different transmissions.
the stickers are optional for the top of the shift knob. They are made with a pretty thick material too, so I don't think they will peel easily.
Shift knob is t***! How much does it weigh?
I didn't even think to weight it. It is a little bit lighter than the stock knob and not as talk as the stock one either.

LiveEj6

1SIKCIVIC, are you sure?

got bored, started tucking some things.
windshield washer lines
windshield washer bottle
driver's side headlight harness
winshield wiper motor wires
A/C wires redirected for a cleaner look

only line that's left in the bay until i can pick up a mil-spec harness
(need some more electrical tape to wrap this end up)