CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if childs builds were a religion id be the most religious his builds inspire and impress me like no other...i need to venture to Honda-tech and lurk on builds over there to learn some more!

Hopefully when you do this swap you learn enough and take enough solid photos to help me understand the k swap

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
don't forget the 2006 k24a2 head has a more aggressive cam design then other k24 years and models and the k20a2
yup yup, largest exhaust primary and secondary cam lobe, and largest intake primary lobe and a type R secondary lobe :evil: More valve to piston clearance than the older tsx too
if childs builds were a religion id be the most religious his builds inspire and impress me like no other...i need to venture to Honda-tech and lurk on builds over there to learn some more!

Hopefully when you do this swap you learn enough and take enough solid photos to help me understand the k swap
I can't stand honda-tech really lol. I pop through for some free wallpapers every now and then lol. I lurk around K20a.org, NWP4life, and clubrsx. Usually for technical info. I'll try to take tons of pics as i go along

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I can't stand honda-tech really lol. I pop through for some free wallpapers every now and then lol. I lurk around K20a.org, NWP4life, and clubrsx. Usually for technical info. I'll try to take tons of pics as i go along
H-T has too many noobs all the time that piss me off, so I mostly just go there for tech info as well, and maybe to see any good builds.

Definitely in for pics of engine.

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
I cant wait to see pics of the K, haha, i always look forward to updating myself on this thread.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DEFINITELY in for pics :D

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
next big purchase better be a gt40r!
nice pick up on the motor though, rode in a k24 swapped hatch and...made me want to go k

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just gotta one up me like that.... sheesh.

That's awesome though! I'm tuned in for pictures =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what about a very mild cam? very mild, but some gain to it

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what about a very mild cam? very mild, but some gain to it
Down the road I plan to use some drag cartel bump sticks just to reach my power goal but that's it. I just want the OEM reliability factor to hang around

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
He doesn't need a turbo, that K will be beast stock, on 89 octane, plus he can allways add some stickers to gain a few WHP!

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Stickers lol huve flames down the side they not only improve horse powerby 10% but torque as well as mpg. I did have question bout k24. I have been looking at doing k swap in future with k24 but all the rod piston setup piecies I saw online said from what I read that it was for k24/20 swap. So I was assuming had to have k20 head for fitment issues I would guess. I just need to know what is deal with that. I did see k24a2 head and k20a2 were very similar.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's the expected delivery date on that motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah forgot we were talking about the header, did you want me to ask Stefan about how much he'd make me a header for?

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Import tuner magazine has an article in the feb and march issues call K-series engine collaboration buyer's guide, which you can check out at importtuner.com plus they have a video on youtube, www.youtube.com/importtuner, and there were adds for these websites "hybridracing.com/epic1, rywire.com and zerolift.com."

You may already know about these, but I came across it while reading the mag. so figured I send the info your way in case you hadn't.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stickers lol huve flames down the side they not only improve horse powerby 10% but torque as well as mpg. I did have question bout k24. I have been looking at doing k swap in future with k24 but all the rod piston setup piecies I saw online said from what I read that it was for k24/20 swap. So I was assuming had to have k20 head for fitment issues I would guess. I just need to know what is deal with that. I did see k24a2 head and k20a2 were very similar.
most of the rod and piston setups are purchased for frank motors using an accord block or crv block since they are cheap (500-1000). The Tsx uses high compression pistons like a k20a2 with a similar head as well. The stock tsx rods are strong so if anything pistons are swapped out only in a tsx. Accord piston and rods will have piston to valve contact when using a k20 head, and the crv rods and pistons are low compression.

What's the expected delivery date on that motor?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was told approximately two weeks from when I ordered it Tuesday.

ah forgot we were talking about the header, did you want me to ask Stefan about how much he'd make me a header for?
Yes I would! If you don't mind sir. I want to knock out the expensive things and work my way down. So getting a header now would be helpful.