CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
naw, nothing at the moment. Holidays and all that =)

unix4linux

Child,

This build is looking great. Great job on the tuck and clean job overall. I'm working on my EG and have body damage. I'll be restoring the body myself with some help of those who can. Hoping it comes out as clean as factory.

Good luck the rest of the way

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you DDing this car at all?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
i drive it quite a bit, but not for everything. I tuck it away whenever i can. But i go on lil joy rides on my off days and just enjoy the car for what it is. I'm in the 8th gen a lot.

just some pics for pics sake.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good. looks like you need to clean that headlight up though! only imperfection i can see

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Loving how clean your bay is.
nice bay!!
how did you clean your bay anyway?
Looks real good.
So clean.
good lord I love your car!!! so clean!
Thanks everyone! =)

looks good. looks like you need to clean that headlight up though! only imperfection i can see
Not worried about it, only because i've been sourcing some CTR headlights. One of my headlights is oem and the other is a cheap replacement that was on the car when i got it. So they are way different and not worth the time.

Lame news
My drivers side motor mount decided it wanted to bust today. Ya know, the stupid liquid filled one. I think im going to deal with the vibrations as long as i can because i dont want to spend on a replacement mount, just to replace it again with a k mount

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just get one from a friend who swapped or maybe a scrap yard for a couple bucks just to get you by

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you dont mind parking it for a couple days. use that window stuff they use to fill the mounts. that will fix it. i cant remember the exact name, 3m makes some

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Loving the stance more and more...thoughts about the rear CTR lip yet?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Loving the stance more and more...thoughts about the rear CTR lip yet?

no rear CTR lip unless i get a CTR front lip and paint matched sideskirts

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no rear CTR lip unless i get a CTR front lip and paint matched sideskirts
im an idiot i had a brain fart when i asked that question lol.
regardless i cant wait for this swap action to start taking place...are you buying all the stuff you need for the swap first ie. Mounts? shift box? axels, all that jazz? or the motor and trans first?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to knock out the longblock first but i'll be picking up small odds and ends in the meantime so i use up big chunks of money. A local parts puller said he'd sell me a k24a2 longblock for 1500, so hopefully that'll be available still after the new year.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You've got me wanting to go K swap! Ive been researching and looking at prices for parts and it almost seems 10x better for the money