CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, just junking it. I dont have the time or patience to deal with houston lowballer champions on already super cheap parts.
Man, if you were closer I'd offer to just pick it up off your hands so at least another HX owner can scavenge it for parts.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tune in about 8 hours, gonna do some final touches and see how my calibration does on the baseline pull.

Also finally got another rare shift knob on the way. 2 month wait on it from hybrid racing. sheesh!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Showed up at JTran Studios for my tune nervous as hell just from wondering what my little engine might do on the rollers

But before I could get that far, the front end needed to be raised up a bit so that the oil pan can clear the dyno. K swap problems lol

Honda civic lift kit installed

J Tran exposing the K24

Nothing new...except the coil pack cover

stream of useless and uninformative photos

Thank goodness for raising the car

Sorting out some of the wackiness from my original .kal I was using

The wife showed up with my son to check out how the tune was going. Gotta love family events

what else do you between pulls with a camera around your neck...take pics of the same stuff

My son makes a revving sound EVERY single time he hears a car rev haha. It's hilarious and awesome at the same damn time.

The silent treatment. So glad I went with this exhaust. It's downfall doesn't outweigh the benefits IMO

Johnny getting some feedback from his employee

This is just a compile of the last few runs with partial throttle tuning knocked out as well.

I didn't get a shot of pulls before this but this shows a piece of the most informative point of the day regarding my restrictive and quiet exhaust. I started watching when we did pulls redlining at 7200rpm, 7400rpm (pictured below), 7800rpm, and then an 8000rpm pull. Peak TQ stuck around 164tq-167tq on each consecutive pull and was around 6500-6600rpm. Peak power on the other hand, was always at the stopping point (set redline) on every pull. The power surprised me since I have the RBB head and seeing all the CFM data on it, i figured it would taper off in the mid 7000's at best. It seems that my setup is pretty efficient besides the catback exhaust which is an obvious bottleneck. Although comparing different people's dyno results should be taken with a grain of salt, a very similar TSX swap running open header put down 205/142 both at 7600rpm on the same dyno with the same tuner. Still could be tons of other things, but I assumed my subtle setup wouldn't be near this particular setup. I didn't catch the baseline pull, but the lowest I saw for my tune was a 205whp @ 7200rpm, so there was still a pretty significant improvement through tuning.

My best numbers on the day. I'm very satisfied. Car is even more quiet and smooth now throughout the rev range and it MOVES now!

The run following this best pull, actually showed more improvement but the gains were getting smaller and not worth the risk of extra revs on the stock oil pump.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice Bro. It was nothing to be nervous about, but understandable. I mean, so far you've built a nice machine man - and there's the proof :thumbup: What did those guys think about your build?
Ha, family event! - hell yea man.

Few Z in that place huh?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice Bro. It was nothing to be nervous about, but understandable. I mean, so far you've built a nice machine man - and there's the proof :thumbup: What did those guys think about your build?
Ha, family event! - hell yea man.

Few Z in that place huh?
Everybody was impressed with how it did. One, becuase I had the small exhaust, and two, because this is a known low reading dyno. A similar TSX swapped integra only put out 205/142 here. So I was all smiles after the first few pulls!!!

and yeah, there's a lot of Z's being done at the moment. A few GTR's just got finished up there, along with a whipple mustang, NA1 nsx, and all kinds of crap. There's usually big horsepower cars in there.

That's gotta be a fun car to drive at this point?
It's crazy man. The car feels 10x better and a hell of a lot faster. :twisted:

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You gotta make another video doing a pull so we can see the difference. I know you were granny shifting last time but I would like to see what it's got for balls now.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn that header looks beautiful now! Omg I want a k swap sooo bad!!!! You did it dood!!! After all those years of hard work and research its a beast!!!! Congratulations man! :rolf:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The difference in something thats "like" something is that it isnt that thing ;)
And turbo is even further away from being like that thing, so it's a bit further away from the current excitement. I need to run some more fast cars to see where I'm at.

[YOUTUBE="Dyno Tune 220/167"]FmSzpEMmx4U[/YOUTUBE]

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This build has been such a pleasure to follow. I look forward to further performance updates. Great attention to detail, Child. Congrats on getting it fully functioning.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats some good numbers. So how much you think youll make with a 3" exhaust?
Not sure but I know there'd be more torque for sure. I wanted to add an aftermarket intake manifold first for a full bolt on with oem motor tune but I may do it anyway down the road. I think even with the small exhaust that I get more power up top

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats man! You made it :cool:

I like how the logo for the dyno program is a spaceship.

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice Child!!!! its been a blast watching this from the get go. Im assuming paint is next because you talk about how you dislike the body condition. Maybe paint-less dent repair? Then show car!