CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or get a five speed and throw the LSD in it! Hahah just kidding. Who'd want to go back to a five speed anyway :what:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or get a five speed and throw the LSD in it! Hahah just kidding. Who'd want to go back to a five speed anyway :what:
Hahah forget that!

[YOUTUBE="fly over"]crWhaGQQd3Y[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="trans repair"]cAAqaahtatU[/YOUTUBE]

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know little about k swaps, did you end up with the "glass transmission"? and is this one example of it crapping out?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know little about k swaps, did you end up with the "glass transmission"? and is this one example of it crapping out?
The glass transmission thing is referring to ALL the k series transmissions due to them typically being beat up quite easily in high powered cars (which is a key difference from older chassis transmissions) and it being less forgiving in situations like mishifts.

No this is not an example of it. In my novel you'll see that things stemmed from something other than the transmission. Continually daily driving without completely resolving my issues ultimately led to a transmission problem. This is an example of human error.

The common K trans problems are, the 2nd and 3rd synchros going out (due to mishifts) and 2nd gear wearing out which is typically the first gear to even get traction. The B series transmissions just seem to take more negative abuse.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K -b trans would be interesting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K -b trans would be interesting lol

Lol would be slow. B gearing is wider than the slowest manual k trans in most cases. The CTR and ITR would be the only ones quicker than the 5spd k's

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol would be slow. B gearing is wider than the slowest manual k trans in most cases. The CTR and ITR would be the only ones quicker than the 5spd k's

Was a joke lol

Deejaymike91

just finished reading all 330 pages. took about a month or so (mostly in my boring class that i probably have to take again because of reading this lol) but your build has really inspired me to go back and continue working on my car. i kinda lost hope on finding things to do but after this build im starting to get back into it =) lol awesome build child!!!!!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not so bad, more annoying than anything. Trans has been closed back up for days now. Just havent put the car back together yet. Gonna jump on it tonight.

EKjpedlife

I am a new 1999 honda civic ek owner and am looking to get into a society in eastern tennessee

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am a new 1999 honda civic ek owner and am looking to get into a society in eastern tennessee

Search the local listings for homes or apartments. You're bound to find some society around there somewhere since people are like everywhere nowadays.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What civic ek societies are out there?

I dont know anything about anything you're asking. It's just a car. If there's some special group for them, I wouldn't know about it.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got my trans welded up about a day after I posted the hole in the case and then I snagged an oem throwout bearing and shift fork boot

Threw the junker back together leaving the marred up flywheel and clutch combo as is

Screwed up my clutch line on accident, so I bought the new version clutch line from hybrid racing

Drove the car once after having it all back together and I'm not a happy camper. The clutch slips at WOT and I ran into an axle issue. I decided to park the car and go and fix all the little things that I either just "dealt with" or didn't tend to in the first place. I figured it's time to stop messing around and get the car 100% instead of just usable. Little neglected things have been eating away at my wallet, so the car will be side lined until I refresh and/or fix everything the way I want

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put the junker back in the garage for a mini teardown. Gonna take my time since I'm not ready to drop a grand or so out of nowhere. Pulled the hood off so that I don't get the urge to go drive it until I'm finished.

Hopefully this look will be changed up as well.