CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good updates! Still enjoying the setup I take it?
all day everyday! I've destroyed my tires, so i'm trying to chill out for awhile through these holidays before getting another set. Going to go a tad bit softer with the RT 615K Azenis'

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you on now? S drives?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
scored myself a GoPro HERO 4 from Santa so i've been playing around with it when I can. Hopefully i'll put out some decent videos sometime soon

[YOUTUBE="Testing the gopro hero4"]DRPiyXoG8KQ[/YOUTUBE]

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What MPG are you getting?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good question. I was just about to ask that right now actually....weird.
I'm More curious of what K series are putting down in 6th gen. He's my only "personal" source with K in 6th gen.

Child, im just curious and want to get an idea of MPG from 6th gen with K24. I know your set up is not stock but it's reference for me. Thanks man.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good question. I was just about to ask that right now actually....weird.
I'm More curious of what K series are putting down in 6th gen. He's my only "personal" source with K in 6th gen.

Child, im just curious and want to get an idea of MPG from 6th gen with K24. I know your set up is not stock but it's reference for me. Thanks man.
I haven't done any decent driving to give a good reference to mpg, but with me always hitting WOT and tearing around town, i'm used to doing 25-28mpg between fill ups of 93oct. I did one trip from Houston to Dallas that still had a few sprints here and there and cruising rpms were around 4500 in 6th, but I was sitting at 200 miles at only half a tank. My partial throttle tune is sweet....I just have Jeremy Clarkson disease :lol:

If i could manage to drive like normal people and leave to work on time, i'm sure I'd get great mpg. I hardly need any throttle at all to move the car and coasting in 6th helps even with my short 6th gear.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I haven't done any decent driving to give a good reference to mpg, but with me always hitting WOT and tearing around town, i'm used to doing 25-28mpg between fill ups of 93oct. I did one trip from Houston to Dallas that still had a few sprints here and there and cruising rpms were around 4500 in 6th, but I was sitting at 200 miles at only half a tank. My partial throttle tune is sweet....I just have Jeremy Clarkson disease :lol:

If i could manage to drive like normal people and leave to work on time, i'm sure I'd get great mpg. I hardly need any throttle at all to move the car and coasting in 6th helps even with my short 6th gear.
Mid-to-high 20s in MPG during spirited driving isnt bad at all for a 245HP Civic. I would think low-to-mid 30s is reasonably achievable if you didnt enjoy your set-up on a daily basis.

ReMiXeDg

very nice video. thanks for sharing it i've been watching your other videos. cant wait to see whats to come in the future for the beautiful thing

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mid-to-high 20s in MPG during spirited driving isnt bad at all for a 245HP Civic. I would think low-to-mid 30s is reasonably achievable if you didnt enjoy your set-up on a daily basis.
I'm sure I could hit the 30s, if I drove with my kid in the car all the time lol.

very nice video. thanks for sharing it i've been watching your other videos. cant wait to see whats to come in the future for the beautiful thing
thanks for checking out my stuff. I'm hoping to get turbo knocked out this year. We'll see how it goes.

just been playing around with my gopro lately. I've only removed my mud guards, and adjusted my rear camber slightly.

Downtown Houston, the lumpiest place in the city lol.

Rusty2g

Wow! Beautiful car, man. Nice build too. Do you know how much heavier that K is over the original D? I imagine the way you have it built, it still handles well?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow! Beautiful car, man. Nice build too. Do you know how much heavier that K is over the original D? I imagine the way you have it built, it still handles well?
If I recall correctly, the k series isn't much heavier than a B series, so yes it handles just fine. Actually a bit better than before with where the engine is positioned.

I think Honda tuning did a small piece on the engine weights.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did a quick search for it.....

D series at 309lbs, b series vtec at 405, k20's at 405 as well, and my k24 at 413. Those are stock weights with engine and drivetrain though. I'm not using a tsx Trans so that's lighter, stock tsx flywheels are 18lbs whereas mine is 8.4, I have a rbc intake manifold which is noticeably lighter than the stock tsx rbb manifold, and I have quite a few other lighter bits like my rotors, calipers, and deletion of a million things

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

*I found out after I made the video, the turbo fg2 was tuned via an e-tune from Evans Tuning.....

Last edited by a moderator:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn the Gravity coupe has some power...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes sir, and no traction at the moment lol. My tires are bald as hell lol. I wasn't expecting to pull the turbo si in, and I ran with my small exhaust on

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes sir, and no traction at the moment lol. My tires are bald as hell lol. I wasn't expecting to pull the turbo si in, and I ran with my small exhaust on
crazy!!!! u make me want to go K but I am retiring for the military in the next 2 1/2 yrs and paying off my debt

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Two things come to mind after watching that (impressive) video:
1. I look forward to seeing your final numbers and performance vids once its complete to your satisfaction.
2. What will you do with the spare time you'll have from no longer working on the Civic (aside from driving the hell out of it)?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol that poor FA5 should have been brake boosting
yeah the first run with the turbo was bad....so the next two I let him build boost but I still pulled in every gear from 2nd to 5th. 2nd and 3rd I was still spinning.

crazy!!!! u make me want to go K but I am retiring for the military in the next 2 1/2 yrs and paying off my debt
yeah a nice K is either debt or one hell of a patience game lol.

Two things come to mind after watching that (impressive) video:
1. I look forward to seeing your final numbers and performance vids once its complete to your satisfaction.
2. What will you do with the spare time you'll have from no longer working on the Civic (aside from driving the hell out of it)?
This year is about turbo. So I'll be collecting all the parts for that. Hoping to be close to 500whp on 93pump.

After the turbo setup gets done, I'll start building a N/A monster. K26