chipping my ecu

dsgb091790

5+ Year Member
i was talking to my mechanic the other day and he suggested me to chip my ecu for better problem out of my ex,i i don't know much about this. i was just wonder what are the pros and cons to chippin ecu's

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for a better problem? what does that mean?
if you chip and ecu it'd have to be retuned and it would be useless unless you have some pretty good internal mods.

Manuel EK3

for a better problem? what does that mean?
if you chip and ecu it'd have to be retuned and it would be useless unless you have some pretty good internal mods.
What about remmaping a ek3 factory ecu ? It is possible ? And its alviable any software for it?

Trekk

Registered VIP
Civics in stock form are pretty much maxed out proformance wise when it comes to tuning. By the time you get the ECM chipped and have a real tune done, the total will be around $600-1000 for maybe 5whp. You will never feel that little of a Whp gain.

Manuel EK3

Civics in stock form are pretty much maxed out proformance wise when it comes to tuning. By the time you get the ECM chipped and have a real tune done, the total will be around $600-1000 for maybe 5whp. You will never feel that little of a Whp gain.
So its no way to get more 15hp with this stock P2Y ECU ? I mean changing some settings icreasing fuel and air intake. For example(just i wanna ensure myself you understand what i want) my brother got a Fiat Stilo 1.9jdt 2002 he went to one of he`s friends and in 5 minutes he got 15hp more with a simple software modificasion... I want to know if its possible this with my EK3 also...

RonJ

Banned
So its no way to get more 15hp with this stock P2Y ECU ? I mean changing some settings icreasing fuel and air intake. For example(just i wanna ensure myself you understand what i want) my brother got a Fiat Stilo 1.9jdt 2002 he went to one of he`s friends and in 5 minutes he got 15hp more with a simple software modificasion... I want to know if its possible this with my EK3 also...
What did your buddy pay for a measly 15 HP?