Choices for health insurance.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My fiancé is 19 and will turn 20 this December and is needing to go to the doctor but doesn't have health insurance. She is not employed but has been once before. Her family has a low income and do not work either, they collect a disability check. My question is, given this information, does anyone know of any health insurance she could receive? If monthly payments are required I could pay them, that's no problem. Really stuck here so if anyone else knows of anything we could do please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know how she feels on not having health insurance, my family lost ours till September. We have Highmark blue shield, and I guess it's a good company, but I wouldn't know how it would help your situation.

Hektic

doing it.
Aetna for sure. I was without health insurance for a good period of time and just from the experiences I've had they have been great since I've had them. They don't try to d**k you on coverage and things like that. Plus they were relatively cheap for me anyway

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Health insurance isn't an option for her if she needs to see a doctor, b/c there's a waiting period and deductible that have to be met. Waiting periods are typically 90 days.

What some doctors will do is see the patient, and set up a payment plan afterwords. They offer financial assistance and can base it off of your income too. This is mostly found w/ doctors in hospitals and/or urgent cares.

I've almost always had BCBS and have never had a complaint. I absolutely hated Aetna when I had them.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
most states have state or government assistance regarding health care for people with low or no income have her go to her local social services office and find out what she is eligible for. one of my old friends just got out of jail and told me he's getting free health care food stamps and they evan gave him a free cell phone he is 30 years old lives with his parents and is very capable of getting a job.

emerican

Registered VIP
get her pregnant all the insurance she will ever need from the state of GA lol
but serisly i have never had it i go to the doctor at least every 3 months even private practice doctors will set up payment plans usally.
txt or pm me why she needs to go if you dont want to post it here.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get her pregnant all the insurance she will ever need from the state of GA lol
but serisly i have never had it i go to the doctor at least every 3 months even private practice doctors will set up payment plans usally.
txt or pm me why she needs to go if you dont want to post it here.
It ain't nothin to be embarrassed about, ain't like this is facebook, so she's got this lump in her pelvic region, closer to he abdomen and thigh, and it's gotten bigger and makes it hurt to walk. It even looks painful. We're at the hospital now and the doctor thinks its a hernia, so it's looking like surgery. But we won't know until later. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hektic

doing it.
one of my old friends just got out of jail and told me he's getting free health care food stamps and they evan gave him a free cell phone he is 30 years old lives with his parents and is very capable of getting a job.
what the f***?? I did time once and all I got was a bus pass...

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most states have state or government assistance regarding health care for people with low or no income have her go to her local social services office and find out what she is eligible for. one of my old friends just got out of jail and told me he's getting free health care food stamps and they evan gave him a free cell phone he is 30 years old lives with his parents and is very capable of getting a job.
I'm SO happy this is what my tax dollars go to!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't get s**t for health insurance. Since I actually had regular doctor visits since i was a kid a lot of insurance companies won't cover me because I have problems with my liver and kidneys. Nothing serious but still they don't cover things you find out.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sarcasm is my middle name! Princess...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG