10+ Year Member
Bump. :popcorn:

I can't wait to see this s2k =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
would you guys like to see a new thread for the S2000? or shall I use this thread for the Si and the S2000?

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would you guys like to see a new thread for the S2000? or shall I use this thread for the Si and the S2000?
I feel 2 threads would be more appropriate.... the si is already got a good running story...start one for the S it deserves one! :thumbup:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel 2 threads would be more appropriate.... the si is already got a good running story...start one for the S it deserves one! :thumbup:
Same!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ waiting =)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well guys I haven't been paying much attention to the Si since the purchase of the S2000, but today I took the Alpine out of the Si and installed it into the S2000. Therefore the OEM S2000 radio went into the SI (until I can pick up another radio for the Si).

I used an OEM S2000 radio and a 96-98 lower din pocket for this install. Everything lined up perfectly and the OEM S2000 radio lights up amber just like the lights on the Si dash

Enjoy!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Sweet! When I got my new head unit I made sure to get one that could be changed to amber/orange, no way could I drive an em1 that had a blue or green stereo lol.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah that would have been weird looking lol. I hate random colored radios...

Guys, I want to sell my Buddy Club LCA's I bought for the Si, are any of you interested? They have only been used for about 3k miles...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey guys! Doing my first oil change on the EM1 tomorrow, have any of you heard about using an S2000 oil filter on other engines for better and more consistent oil pressure? I just read this for the first time tonight and think I will be using the S2000 (PCX) OEM Honda oil filter for the EM1!

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that would have been weird looking lol. I hate random colored radios...

Guys, I want to sell my Buddy Club LCA's I bought for the Si, are any of you interested? They have only been used for about 3k miles...
I might be if I had spare cash at the moment but I don't...

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys! Doing my first oil change on the EM1 tomorrow, have any of you heard about using an S2000 oil filter on other engines for better and more consistent oil pressure? I just read this for the first time tonight and think I will be using the S2000 (PCX) OEM Honda oil filter for the EM1!
This is interesting. Let us know how it ends up man.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The S2000 filter is significantly different than the other "regular" oil filters for other Honda engines. Read up on it instead of making a worthless arrogant post!

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are two answers to your question.. first they guy that said they are the same (for the most part) is pretty close, for if he was wrong you would not be able to use the s2k on a b series motor. there is some truth behind what you say though. from what ive read/experienced on a b16/b18 both ran just fine on it, i was not able to tell if there was any real reason to go with it though. buuut for the price it holds a bit more oil, it flows a bit better, and its an oem part that was intended for a beefed up 4 cylinder. all signs point to it being better.:lol:

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I changed the oil today, also bought some OEM Honda power steering fluid and sucked up all the old stuff out of the reservoir. Car feels great! To me it feels a little better than it did before, definitely happy with the choice to go with the PCX oil filter.

I picked up some caliper paint to finally get rid of the rusty calipers and rotors on the EM1!! If you guys go back to the first pages you will see how rusty everything looks :/ not for long! Rotors will be silver while calipers will be black. Doing the same scheme on the S2000.