civhatch92's low budget dd hatch

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice updates dude. Glad you got the motor in. I wishing had my license. I'd swing by and give you a hand if you needed it haha. Anyways, ill text you about the fenders in a sec.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice updates dude. Glad you got the motor in. I wishing had my license. I'd swing by and give you a hand if you needed it haha. Anyways, ill text you about the fenders in a sec.

Thanks man, glad you could help me out with the fenders, I'll pick 'em up after all this hurricane crap blows over.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem. If it clears up at all tomorrow, ill take em off and have them rready for you.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good stuff

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Update:

Kind of loosing interest in this...

...but still working on it.

My father started sorting out the wires and began to solder some of them up to a fresh connector. I got the trans torque mount, AC torque mount and rear engine mount all installed and tightened up. Also attached the slave cylinder for the clutch and bled it so that's taken care of. Going to pick up a radiator + fan tomorrow from Osiris (fellow cc member) since my stock fan is seized and all the fins on my radiator are messed up.

Still need to install axles (one CV boot is torn so I'm waiting on a new one), find a fuel line, find fuel filter mounting bracket, more wiring, drill out broken off O2 sensor in exhaust manifold, find an exhaust, wire headlights, more sanding of the door+bumper, then paint them, install fogs etc etc.

Lots to do yet and summer is already over, ugh. Seems like this isn't going to get done before winter and I'll be stuck driving automatic still.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you need an exhaust, maybe I could $100 or what you got if I don't have any buyers. No point in letting it sit and collect crap since the car is compeltely out of commission. Ill try and get it off tomorrow so you can take a look at it.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you need an exhaust, maybe I could $100 or what you got if I don't have any buyers. No point in letting it sit and collect crap since the car is compeltely out of commission. Ill try and get it off tomorrow so you can take a look at it.

Hey just let me know man!

UPDATE:

Havn't been working on the car too much lately. I did pick up a radiator and fuel line+bracket from osiris the other week though which is good!

Still waiting on my fenders.. the shipper has emailed me saying they were shipped to someone else and is trying to get FedEx to ship them to me.. whatever, big pain in the ass. Basically waiting on those.. and being really lazy lately.

I've been actively looking for a Mazda Miata lately for another quick/cheap daily project (slam, rims, roll bar etc) but I might just give up and save the money since I'm not having the best of luck with that either.

Not going to work on the car this weekend because my parents house needs a roof INCREDIBLY BADLY! So this weekend.. I'll be a roofer!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep at it dude. It'll come together. I do like that miata idea though.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Keep at it dude. It'll come together. I do like that miata idea though.
Hah don't encourage the miata idea.. my girlfriend already wants to beat me because of it.. you'll be next on her hit list!!

.. I do really want one though, they look badass slammed; but daily driving it in the winter might suck.. a lot..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they can be sweet

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Miata's are nice lil rides. Course I would never drive one cuz a tall ass black dude with an afro driving a tiny ass miata looks weird in my head but thats just me lol.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Miata's are nice lil rides. Course I would never drive one cuz a tall ass black dude with an afro driving a tiny ass miata looks weird in my head but thats just me lol.
Hahaha, I just got a mental pic & yea it might look a bit funny, sorry couldn't help myself.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like any other cars they can look good when they're done right, but around here it's all women and 65+ year old retirees driving em lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im 6'2" and in my hatch i look small, but then again in im a buddy club bucket seat. Im sure its a shocker when i step out. I've been kickin' around this miata idea myself.

civhatch92, if you get one, i'll get one haha

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Man that some bulls***, you should have been able to piece this car together no problem, civics are all over the place, people are chargin some bs prices for the parts though, and the damn junk yards, don't even get me started on thoughs greedy bastards, anyway nice progress so far even with the set backs, you'll get it done though, after the wireing the rest will be cake," as soon as you get your parts" lol