Civic hatchback conversation from DX to Si

JdmTAPIA

Sup guys! I'm new here and I drive a 1993 honda civic hatchback dx and there many things I need done on this car before it's perfect. I've been Acari enthusiast since I can remember. Never been a ricer and not interested in that scene, I like clean simple cars. When I got my hatch it was owned by some dude who drive it in the field, so there's lots of scratches and dents:( this saddens me. I want to turn my car around to its prime time condition and give it a little extra. I also want to convert my DX to an Si . So far I've done little to my car but it's helped its outer and inner look a lot. I need to get some rust out a couple small dents and a semi bug dent. It's also stuffing from clear coat damage but it's normal do to the year and where it used to be at. It also has really scratched almost stabbed ceiling and trunk from the inside and on some parts of the dashboard. I'll upload pictures of my car to show u guys what Im Talking about. Hopefully I get some help from u guys to help me perfect my car with a few tips and advice.

lscivic48

what do you want help with? and are you going d-series or b-series si?

EJoe1

d series cheaper b series better i have d series SI still love it but gotta be careful ..on my 2nd engine

lscivic48

yeah, you got it right there. I have built both and if you have the extra money it is well worth going the b-series route but I will help you out as I can. so you are aiming towards d-series?

EJoe1

isnt it the b16c that all u need is engine and trans and mounts i was kinda looking at that but smog here in CA is a BHitch

lscivic48

yeah, we just switched over here in ny. I know here it they cant plug it in they can't smog test it so I stay obd1 and I'm in the clear. my b18a was engine, tranny, axles and mounts. the wire harness is the same and technically you can run the stock ecu if you wire up a vtec switch.

and that's any of the b-series. I did a whole b-series motor swap for less than a grand on a bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup guys! I'm new here and I drive a 1993 honda civic hatchback dx and there many things I need done on this car before it's perfect. I've been Acari enthusiast since I can remember. Never been a ricer and not interested in that scene, I like clean simple cars. When I got my hatch it was owned by some dude who drive it in the field, so there's lots of scratches and dents:( this saddens me. I want to turn my car around to its prime time condition and give it a little extra. I also want to convert my DX to an Si . So far I've done little to my car but it's helped its outer and inner look a lot. I need to get some rust out a couple small dents and a semi bug dent. It's also stuffing from clear coat damage but it's normal do to the year and where it used to be at. It also has really scratched almost stabbed ceiling and trunk from the inside and on some parts of the dashboard. I'll upload pictures of my car to show u guys what Im Talking about. Hopefully I get some help from u guys to help me perfect my car with a few tips and advice.
This is so poorly written I had to read slowly to interpret your meaning. I just searched Google to figure out what is an "Acari" enthusiast only to find its a family of arachnids. I suggest if you want effective help, take the time to write clearly so people understand what you want.

JdmTAPIA

Yeah i should have retread my post but it was a late night post and I was sleepy.. Lesson learned
But yeah I'm gonna do a b series swap, hopefully b18c if I find one for the right price

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
This is so poorly written I had to read slowly to interpret your meaning. I just searched Google to figure out what is an "Acari" enthusiast only to find its a family of arachnids. I suggest if you want effective help, take the time to write clearly so people understand what you want.
When I was stumbling through it all I could hear was a foreign guy who hasn't been in America quite long enough....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBynhWDXgds