Civic LX replacing stolen EM1

Reyesadrian425

Im not new to the forum but i have never really posted anything about my cars....
I had a clean black 2000 civic Si but it was stolen from Omaha NE. about 3 weeks ago...
worst day of my life :(
but i just picked up this yellow 1995 Civic Lx.
its a little riced out and looks like some one painted it with spray paint or just cheap paint
in general. it looks faded in some areas and dripping paint all over.

I dont have the money to get a new paint job so i was thinking about just spray painting it
flat black until i can collect enough cash for a paint job. let me know if you guys think its
a good idea...
I also plan on putting a roof rack.
later possibly getting an engine swap...

It has a loud a** Fu** exhaust tip. I plan on removing that right away.
im going to keep the rims and just repaint them.

Let me know what you guys think...

this was my Em1 that was stolen...

this is my new slut....

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Paint the interier back to stock colors, replace the cluster with one with a tach. put it on tone 15s slam it call it a day.
4 door power ftw

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That thing is going to be a lot of work. glwb

Reyesadrian425

This is what i have done so far its been about a week since i bought the car...
i painted it flat black using spray paint... yeah i know kinda ghetto but I plan on buffing it so i get more of satin
black look, also to try and even out the black...
i just hate the color yellow... and it was really bad yellow paint job any way.
i still have the door trims to paint and the inside... plan on changing the cluster to the OEM cluster as well as the intake to OEM... i have them ready to install will update as soon as i install them.
i will also repaint the engine bay, rims and valve cover...
does any one have any ideas on what color would look good...
i just baught a yakima rook rack that i also plan on installing after buffing the paint.
lowering the front more.. have SKUNK2 adjustable coil-overs.. i just need to change the front tire from
215/40r17 to 205/40r17 otherwise it rubs way to much...
any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sleeper EG8

Android Powered!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry about your loss bro. And not a bad pickup the car looks better already with that black spray paint compared to the yellow. Can't wait to see what else you have stored for this beast. And like the person above said 4 door FTW! Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sad about the old civic but ur already getting somewhere with the new paint. Did u just paint over the yellow without sanding it down?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had a clean black 2000 civic Si but it was stolen from Omaha NE. about 3 weeks ago...
but i just picked up this yellow 1995 Civic Lx.
Ricer downgrade!
Did insurance not cover your car or did you waste it on this?
I would have saved money and found something a little more stock and less messed with.

I dont have the money to get a new paint job so i was thinking about just spray painting it
flat black until i can collect enough cash for a paint job
Well if you don't have money now, you made yourself more work and possibly cost yourself more money by "spray bombing" it. If you plan on "really\" painting it, rattle canning it was not a good idea.
Sure it will fade or chip within a year or so, but if you plan on getting a real paint job with real automotive paint and prep or have a professional paint job after doing this, you need to have all the spray paint stripped off completely before the new paint can be applied. More, time, labor and money.
:oops:

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello from Lincoln! I've never seen your EM1 around, but sorry to hear about your loss man :'(

You certainly got a project on your hands, good luck with it man.

Reyesadrian425

why are you planning on switching out the intake back to oem just curious?
because its a really cheap intake... it gets hot after a while and it makes a super load whistling sound, i know its common when putting an after market intake but until i can get a swap or possibly boosted i dont think it really necessary. im not racing it yet, you know.

Reyesadrian425

Sad about the old civic but ur already getting somewhere with the new paint. Did u just paint over the yellow without sanding it down?
no i sanded it down by hand i dont have an electric sander but this is just temporary i plan on stripping it and sanding it down all the way. i used about 6 cans came out to about 40 bucks so im too worried about it.

Reyesadrian425

Ricer downgrade!
Did insurance not cover your car or did you waste it on this?
I would have saved money and found something a little more stock and less messed with.

Well if you don't have money now, you made yourself more work and possibly cost yourself more money by "spray bombing" it. If you plan on "really\" painting it, rattle canning it was not a good idea.
Sure it will fade or chip within a year or so, but if you plan on getting a real paint job with real automotive paint and prep or have a professional paint job after doing this, you need to have all the spray paint stripped off completely before the new paint can be applied. More, time, labor and money.
:oops:

true,,, but it picked up for only 1000 with only 115,xxx miles 5 speed runs great, and i saw potential in it,
its a pain in the ass but defiantly will be worth it once im done.
and all i had was liability, i pay 120 a month for just liability they want to charge me 290 for full coverage.

yeah i know your right. kinda regret it now, but i just hated the yellow it had. but i only used about 40 dollars worth of spray paint and 8 dollars worth of sand paper so it didn't hit my pockets that deep, but it did give me more work for later :x

Reyesadrian425

update

i switched the cheap short ram intake with OEM intake...
installed my roof rack just need the fairing...
replaced the cluster with an OEM cluster with a tach and carbon fiber cluster cover..
repainted the interior... looks way better removed the rice RPM gauge...
removed loud ricer exhaust and replaced with OEm for now.
Does anyone know of a good exhaust that is not too loud but that sounds deep???

replaced bad Master cylinder and bad Power steering reservoir.
just received my KYB struts waiting on the lowering springs...

Let me know if you guys would change something or what you guys think feed back helps even if its negative.