civic plus 7 grand= WTF SHOULD I DO

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, the many choices. If I were you, i would first decide on Boost, or N/A. If boost, i would go with a sleeved b18a/b or the more expensive route of gsr turbo. If I was going N/A I would go with a fully built gsr or ls/vtec. Type R motors are too expensive. Drop the rest into suspension and a rear disc conversion. if you got money leftover some jdm rice. lol. K series would be the ultimate N/A motor, but I agree, wait until the prices come down on that swap. have fun. Best investment is to use the money for college so you can get a killer job and make 7000 look like chump change.

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:shockl: HOLY CRAP!!!! :shocked3: that avatar is f-ing hilarious- thats the dude from the really crappy commercial they show every 3 1/2 minutes on every channel--- :wtf:

cbr600rr

5+ Year Member
okay im gonna try 2 reply to everybody. first off im in school, no k series for me cuz that to much money just for a motor. I just bought my civic today its black. it has a d16z6 w/ a ghetto turbo setup on it. it runs 13.9s in 1/4 mi. it has kyb shocks and eibach springs. i paid 2,900 for it, so i still got 7,100 left. im leaning towards a b18c or b16 turbo and get it sleeved. and i have money left over fix up the exterior just a lil bit

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
13.9s not bad--- a B series is definately a good platform for this car, and at the price you can, build one for, affordable...
if you look around, sometimes you can find one thats already been sleeved, or a b20/vtec already biult, BUT if you do that
i would make sure to have it pulled apert and gone through to ensure it has been built right....then...
BOOST THE FAWK OUT OF IT.......you should still have enough left over to round out the overall performance of it,
brakes/susp/wheels & tires.....GOOD LUCK and welcome

cbr600rr

5+ Year Member
b20 vtec would be nice. but i dont wanna do all the work to the bottom end cuz u know about the thin cylinder walls. Where could i find one that was already built?? im almost positive now im gonna just drop in a b16 and peice together a turbo kit. buy some rota's, i got tires, probably get the car painted. im going for a jdm looking hatch. im trying to be underconservative w/ this car because it gonna be my daily driver

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
t3t4h22 said:
:shockl: HOLY CRAP!!!! :shocked3: that avatar is f-ing hilarious- thats the dude from the really crappy commercial they show every 3 1/2 minutes on every channel--- :wtf:

you like that avatar ehh? lol. that guy cracks me up, so I had to rock it. on topic, b16 turbo is saweet! :shock:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
t3t4h22 said:
I AGREE....from what i've heard, a K motor PROPERLY installed will end up costing you @ $9500.00
you could save some money doing it yourself, but if something aint right, guess whos headache it is?
I just think it'd be a shame if he actually gave into the suggestions of some to swap a K into it. Yes, you can *buy* the motor, but do you think you can get it installed for free? What about the custom exhaust, drivetrain work, body work and anything else that might come up? Not cheap by far. It's nice to be different, but do you want to be differnt so badly to put up with that cost?

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if he still has 7k laying around....buy my hatch, and keep your other civic for a daily driver....problem solved :D

t3t4h22

BUY MY HATCH!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree, the Kswap is for people with a WHOLE LOT of $$$$, for now, until the price goes down on Kswap engines....
i hear every one saying, get a K....well trust me, before i bought my H, i researched going Krazy, but felt that the H woud give me the same performance for less money, and i could use it elsewhere (T304E, etc.)and get a shiz load more performance for the same money.....yeah, id like to say- its a TURBOD K20A, but just couldnt see that driving me to spend the extra 6000 bucks that the FULL Kswap would cost over the H22....maybe when Kswaps get cheaper....

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H22 leave it alone and upgrade your suspension and brakes.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
if he still has 7k laying around....buy my hatch, and keep your other civic for a daily driver....problem solved :D

If you wait till the end of the summer I'd be interested in trading you. Mine is still bluebooking at 9 grand.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trading me for what? whats done to your car?

Exxel82

The Long Forgotten
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With 7 g's, u can do a ton of stuff. Just do something small to satisfy your speed thirst. Do a B16 turbo, but set a rev limiter on your ECU so that you dont overrev and blow the head. The B16 is relatively cheap and the turbo will make up for the lack of torque. You'll have a high revving motor with the power of a turbo. You can afford it and you will still have some money left over to spend or save for upgraded parts.

Exxel82

The Long Forgotten
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, the K motor is great, but not that practical right now. I really like the motor, but B-series parts are easy to come by and less expensive.

cbr600rr

5+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
H22 leave it alone and upgrade your suspension and brakes.
how fast would it be with I/H/E in the 1/4 mi? the suspension is already upgraded in my car, but i quess i would need to buy integra springs for the front..right?

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
cbr600rr said:
how fast would it be with I/H/E in the 1/4 mi? the suspension is already upgraded in my car, but i quess i would need to buy integra springs for the front..right?
mid/high 14s?

Here's something I'd like to do with $7Gs (but won't because high power FWD sucks)...

JDM F22b Turbo. Has 40 horses less than an H22, and the labor would practically be the same to install it. But the JDM F22 is roughly (From what info I've gathered) $1200 less than an H22, and the F22b block is of a much stronger material than the h22 so it can hold quite a bit more power.

BUT, in reality, I'd just build your D, upgrade the turbo, and still have $4-5Gs left over for whatever.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd go with a supercharged B16b for it's high reving capabilities and reliability (over turbo). I'd also look into a mad suspension set up and big brake kit. Cheers :beer:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread is mad old

and some guy on accordracing tried an f22b dohc turbo back in the day and he ended up putting an h22 in and he said the h22 still put out more power.