Civic shakes when in reverse

dethseeker90

5+ Year Member
Hey guys after I put in headers down pipe and hiflow cat my car started shaking when I put it in reverse. This only happens when it's in reverse. The nuetral idle and driving is perfect. Only when in reverse. What could be causig this?

RonJ

Banned
Sounds like the new exhaust system is too loose, causing it to shake.

CivicSiHatcher

ya agreed check all of ur hangers and make sure they r all still attached also while ur car is cold get under it and see if u can shake ur exhaust it should be stiff if u installed it all right

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If it's a bolt on (which it most likely is), get it all hot whether that means driving around, or just letting it run idle for a while, and then tighten the bolts even more. I found this sort of a useful piece of info if it's lose.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shifter bumping against new exhaust?

dethseeker90

5+ Year Member
Found the problem. Intake had slot of play out of.nowhere so it was hitting hood. Fixed tho. And I will try the whole heat up everything and tighten cause I'm noticing a squeeking sound when I let of the gas so a bolt somewhere down the exhaust is loose. Thanx for replies

mxpower

hey guys my car also have a problem with the exhaust well the cat rattles at 3000rpm what can i do to fix it? do i get a new one?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys my car also have a problem with the exhaust well the cat rattles at 3000rpm what can i do to fix it? do i get a new one?
Physically shakes? or a rattling noise?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you checked the bolts?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to likely but take it off and see if the "honeycomb" has broken up.