Civic si Spark plugs + Wires

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
I need to buy new spark plugs + spark wires and i need some advice from clubcivic.

I have been checking out two kits:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-NGK-WIRES-IRIDIUM-SPARK-PLUGS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33692QQihZ017QQitemZ270095540510QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-NGK-WIRES-PLATINUM-SPARK-PLUGS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33692QQihZ017QQitemZ270094204013QQrdZ1

If i buy the first kit, will i be able to use any civic si compatiable spark plug with the wires (wires that come with the first kit) or can i only use iridium spark plugs

its obvious which kit is 'better' but which kit do you guys think i shoulg buy? and why?

thanks
Matt.:D

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the first kit, yes you can. Those wires are not meant just for one type of spark plug. Your best bet is too stick with somekind of NGK plug since the wires are NGK but it doesn't hurt to mix and match. You always just want to get the best you can. Honestly, and this is just my opinion and from readings, oem wires are just as good (or better) than the NGK wires. I'm sure people will argue but unless you are going to rev higher or achieve alot more power, than don't go for them. If your wires are old or high miled, than the 2nd package deal is not a bad choice. But the plugs are a great choice. I'm running V-power NGK and luvin them.

PEARLelectron

Banned
Shaguar47 said:
For the first kit, yes you can. Those wires are not meant just for one type of spark plug. Your best bet is too stick with somekind of NGK plug since the wires are NGK but it doesn't hurt to mix and match. You always just want to get the best you can. Honestly, and this is just my opinion and from readings, oem wires are just as good (or better) than the NGK wires. I'm sure people will argue but unless you are going to rev higher or achieve alot more power, than don't go for them. If your wires are old or high miled, than the 2nd package deal is not a bad choice. But the plugs are a great choice. I'm running V-power NGK and luvin them.
yea i just got ngk plugs for my si .. the wires don't really matter what kind you get but Denso and ngk are good plugs to get.. stay away from bosch But like he said can't go wrong with oem

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would go with the irdiums because Ive never tried em out before, lol. I use the g-power ones with oem wires and its not bad. Im also looking into getting the same kind of kit your getting for my civic. They are both good plugs but I want to try out the iridums because Ive never used em.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i run NGK plugs and bosch wires... havent had any problems. the plugs are like $6 for 4. and the wires were $75-$80 i think

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bosch Platnium 4 plugs and NGK wires on my si, no problems for the last 20,000 miles... but the plugs are going to get chucked on the account of my boosting in 2 weeks.