civic si vs prelude

fusiontyper

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im stuck between a 2000 civic si and a 1998 prelude base model. I cant choose which one to get. both r basically stock, and arond the same price 7K.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well preludes heavy with 200hp and civic si is not so heavy with 160. id say civic

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Depending on where you are, you're probably more likely to have to watch your si more than the lude.

+1 for the lude..

white89hatch

Polar White ED6
5+ Year Member
xxsenceo89x said:
well preludes heavy with 200hp and civic si is not so heavy with 160. id say civic
:werd: not a big fan of the prelude...i dont think there very fast..

fusiontyper

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i live down in the tampa area so yeah dont really see much prelude down here, i seen a couple of si but they where arond 10k

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love that body style of ludes, so much in fact i tried to sell my old em1 when i first got it, they aren't much faster than the si but imho a lot better looking car

fusiontyper

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was thinking of going all motor, with a jdm look , which would be faster in the end ?

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
both have ups and downs....so just do some research...

zach1288

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just google civic si vs prelude i bet there are alot of articles. I love my em1 but i do like the look of the preludes.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
personally, i would go with the prelude...but...then again, there's more parts for the civic....dang...this is hard.

ChoNNe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u gota keep in mind that ur in a civic forum..... but I would go with a prelude.... The H22's V-tec kicks harder IMO...also,there are too many civics where i live.... both have great potential...g'luck

sprmario

Mario H.
5+ Year Member
IT all come down to what you really like more, like others have said both have thier ups and downs, but my best advise is go with your gut, you'll be happier that way, and make sure you have no regrets. Although if you go with the lude we may have to kick you out, j/k bro Happy hunting